Need a program to print a banner

VGphoto

Ok so i am looking for a program that will allow me to print a 16 foot banner on my epson 9800 printer without any spaces or interuptions in the banner.

Been pulling my hair out browsing all the different RIP software i can find and all of them seem to cost in excess of $2000 but wont let you even try the damn things to make sure its the program you want/like

Does anyone have any good suggestions on programs that i can use? i realy couldn't care about indepth color management or anything like that, my epson printer drivers seems to do a fair job at keeping the color's spot on...i just need a program that will break down the file and spoon feed it to my printer so i dont get breaks in the banner.

We have had issues with broken banners when printing from a PC to our Epson. These issues seem to go away when we utilize a Mac as the print controller, through the built in Preview program. An odd workaround, but has helped us so far. Again, not the best solution for color management but gets the job done when color isn't really an issue.

We have had issues with broken banners when printing from a PC to our Epson. These issues seem to go away when we utilize a Mac as the print controller, through the built in Preview program. An odd workaround, but has helped us so far. Again, not the best solution for color management but gets the job done when color isn't really an issue.

Thank you for your suggestion, i dont have a mac but it might be something ill have to look into.

VG we have an HP6100Z and our operator uses Photoshop and Freehand from a PC.
I would think any draw program would work.

im currently using cs3, as an update i made it successfully print the 16 foot banner...however im at a loss as to how i did it.

Its something of a mistery to me, Friday i downloaded a trial version of CS5 and tryed to print it off through my network from my dekstop computer, it never went through so i figured the job must have got lost through the wireless connection. I then spent all day saturday pulling my hair out trying to figure it out to no avail. Monday morning i come to my shop and open up and there sitting below the printer is the banner, printed off in full without any breaks just the way i wanted it. The problem with that is i never sent any jobs to the printer on saturday or on sunday....

In any case i somehow did it so i just need to backtrack my steps and figure out wich one acctually worked

Sound like a spooling issue. Go to your printer settings and try changing the time out length. That big of a banner will take a long time to spool file. Also try changing setting to spool entire job before printing. If Epsom has big enough hard drive. Their is a program called Qimage that might work good and not pricey free trial too. Hope this helps have canon, can print from most programs but also comes with Poster artist program. Has templates for signs, banners, etc. Or I can design and export a jpg and then just insert into poster artist.

Can't print banners yet.

Can't print banners yet.

Did you ever figure out how you got your Epson to print? Was it the CS5 update? I came into a new job and am pleased to have an Epson 7800 to print on, but I can't get it to print larger than 24 x36. I can't figure out the right settings to even get the 90" length. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. BTY, I have a Mac. Thanks.

i use indesign to layout multiple prints or large prints ...its a great tool for large format printing....as for the long banners i managed to do it however im not exactly sure how. I installed adobe CS5 on my desktop computer and used indesign to layout the banner then sent the print job through the network to my workstation...it took a few hours but printed out fine.

So in short im not sure if it was my router that broke down the banner and allowed the printer to print it properly...or if it was CS5 that did it for me.

In any case i would strongly suggest using adobe CS5 it should solve your issues

You should be able to print up to 16 feet with Acrobat.
Without a RIP
You will just need to set up your printer as a pcl printer
and not a PostScript printer.
At least that is how I set up mine for the HP DesignJet 5500.
The RIP for that machine only supports up to 40" so I go the other way.
My wide format RIP to the UV printer goes to any size.
But ... it was expensive+.

MSD

Thanks for the replies, I figured out how to print 90", and yes, I will get CS5 we're a non profit so it should be pretty good price. I'm pumped up to use this printer, its pretty awesome! Thanks again!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back