Neopost SI68- Not inserting properly

sfoster5

I have a neopost si 68 (fold, insert, seal machine). The machine has been working fine, and then in the middle of a job it started going haywire. The paper will either 1. Jam into the envelope or 2. Inserts into the envelope skewed and does not fold properly (the paper will not go fully into the envelope). I have spent numerous hours trying to trouble shoot this. I think I have it narrowed down, possibly. The last roller that inserts the paper into the envelope is loose (moves back and forth with ease). The other rollers are stable and do not move at all. My guess is the force of the gears is making the roller to insert improperly. Only problem is I can not for the life of me locate how to tighten this part.

Any help would be appreciated. I uploaded a picture inside the machine. The loose roller is the one furthers to the left.

SI68.jpg

We have a Neopost machine, but it looks considerably different to yours.
But you can always try the basics first, make sure all the rollers are clean, a clean rag damp with water will do the trick. Also make sure the envelopes are feeding straight.

Sorry you had an issue with the si68; it’s a terrific machine. Neopost USA can certainly help you tighten that roller assembly. There is a local service office in Monroeville. Contact 412-373-4633 or 800-388-7016. Our email for service is [email protected]. Our service professionals can take care of your issue. -- Laurie Leavy, Manager, Corporate Communications, Neopost USA

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back