New Komori LS

REYES1377

I work on a new Komori LS 8/40. When ink forms need to be oscillated to prevent ghosting we have problems with tinting after 3,000 impressions. is this common for Komori?? I know that this dose happen , but after so little impressions! Any comments or advice will be appreciated.

It happens on lots of other types of machines too, if you have the fourth (D or is it Z on a Komori) roller oscillating. See if stopping it works for you.

we had a similar problem and found it was the rubber coumpond on the water form. komori demo techs changed the hardness and the compound from bottcher about 1.5 years ago. with this new rubber we can float all 6 units with know problems

Komori tinting

Komori tinting

Hi Reyes1377
I'm not sure if this helps but we had tinting problems on our Komori 28 a while back.
The reason for this was the form rollers A B & C were oscillating slightly in there cups when replacing these rollers there must be no oscillating or tinting can be a problem.
Obviously the D form roller has a option to oscilate which should help with ghosting.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Ditmeister

We have the same issue with our LS40, We have a permanent background tint that seems to appear no matter what fountain solution, plates we try. Have'nt changed inks yet.

We have tinting on our Komori 28 after a couple of hours of running. It seems to have something to do with the heat the unit is generating. We checked the temp. of the water and found it lukewarm, we turned up the thermostat on the Royse and it seems to help some. We still get some tinting in our trim areas.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back