optimal temperature refrigeration rollers in the technotrans????

Jose

which is the optimum temperature value for the cooling roller in the technotrans??'
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks.

You will get many opinions on this subject as all of us probably run our rollers at different temperatures and what's 'Ideal' for us may not be Ideal for you. I would say firstly make sure your cooling system is working correctly and that all your units are getting good water flow through them. Use a IR temp gun and check each unit while running to see if they are all fairly close to each other.If you find large temperature differences you may need to do some corrective maintenance on the print units or Technotrans unit. Next when you are sure your equipment is running correctly contact your ink company and have them tell you the correct temperature range of the inks they are supplying you. If they cannot tell you then you and they have a problem. A good ink company will know their ink better than anyone and can draw upon the many printers they supply to put you in the 'sweet spot'
Good luck

Yes, you will find different opinions! But as Cornish mentioned, the important number is what the temperature actually is in your roller train.

I have heard several comments that seem to find 27-28 degrees celcius (80-82 Farenheit) is a good temperature to run at in the roller train.

K

You know what, I think we might be mis-understanding you. Which chilling are you talking about? The chill rollers, the water system, or the oscillators in the inking unit? I'll say it in Spanish, if you dont speak that language, my apologies! :)

Sabe que, creo que no te entendimos bien. A cual exactamente refieres cuando hablas de la refrigiracion? (1) Los rodillos despues de la secadora en una prensa de web, (2) los osciladores dentro de las torres, o (3) el sistema de agua y los rodillos al respecto?

K

If it's the inking rollers you are talking about the 27 Celsius is a good place to start. Check to find out if the ink fountain roller is being cooled too. If it is then you do not want to over cool the system.
If you cool the ink fountain roller too much and you have a press room which is not climate controlled you could find the ink fountain roller "sweating". Since water and grease repel each other you will find that there is no ink on the ink fountain roller to supply the ink train, with obvious results

You know what, I think we might be mis-understanding you. Which chilling are you talking about? The chill rollers, the water system, or the oscillators in the inking unit? I'll say it in Spanish, if you dont speak that language, my apologies! :)

Sabe que, creo que no te entendimos bien. A cual exactamente refieres cuando hablas de la refrigiracion? (1) Los rodillos despues de la secadora en una prensa de web, (2) los osciladores dentro de las torres, o (3) el sistema de agua y los rodillos al respecto?

K
Hablo de la temperatura que hay que tener en el technotrans para la refrigeracion de rodillos de tinta osciladores de una maquina offset.
Sorry for my bad english

Ok Jose, no problem, thanks for clarifying that. For the ink oscillator rollers, we cant really tell you a number to set technotrans at, because, the number for your technotrans might be different than everybody else's. What is important, is to set the number of technotrans to make sure your ink oscillator rollers are at around 27 Celcius (or whatever temperature you have found best). We set ours at 51 degrees here which gives us around 76 degrees (24 celcius) inside the roller train. Hope this information was helpfull!

Para los rodillos de tinta osciladores, no podemos especificar un numero para ti, porque el que usas en tecnotrans puede variar mucho. Aqui en nuestro sitio, pongamos la temperatura de tecnotrans 11 centigrado, o 51F. Pero, aunque pongamos 11 degrados, mantiene los rodillos de tinta casi a 24 degrados. En otro sitio, pudieran poner el mismo degrado con tecnotrans (11) y terminar con 27 degrados. Espero que esto ayude!

K

i want to know the temperature for the refrigerate oscillate rollers in the technotrans, for the temperature in the inking unit is correct

Ok Jose, no problem, thanks for clarifying that. For the ink oscillator rollers, we cant really tell you a number to set technotrans at, because, the number for your technotrans might be different than everybody else's. What is important, is to set the number of technotrans to make sure your ink oscillator rollers are at around 27 Celcius (or whatever temperature you have found best). We set ours at 51 degrees here which gives us around 76 degrees (24 celcius) inside the roller train. Hope this information was helpfull!

Para los rodillos de tinta osciladores, no podemos especificar un numero para ti, porque el que usas en tecnotrans puede variar mucho. Aqui en nuestro sitio, pongamos la temperatura de tecnotrans 11 centigrado, o 51F. Pero, aunque pongamos 11 degrados, mantiene los rodillos de tinta casi a 24 degrados. En otro sitio, pudieran poner el mismo degrado con tecnotrans (11) y terminar con 27 degrados. Espero que esto ayude!

K
muchas gracias ayuda mucho pero 11º no es muy baja? yo la tengo a 26.5º ahora que aqui estamos a 20º de temperatura exterior como mides la temperatura de los rodillos?
muchas gracias.
a que os refereis cuando hablais de " the ink fountain roller "?

Last edited:
Hi again,

Medimos la temeratura de los rodillos por una pistola infrarojja. Si, es baja la temperatura, pero por eso te decimos que no podemos especificarte una temperatura: Porque en nuestra sistema, es necesario ponerlo en 11 degrados, porque al final, cuando llega a la maquina, debido a todo el calentamiento normal, mantiene los rodillos cerca de 27 degrados.

Por otra mano, es posible que pudieras poner lo tuya en 26 degrados, y eso te sirve bien. Lo importante no es el numero de tecnotrans, mas bien, la temperatura en la superficie del rodillo. Por eso, se usa la pistola para medirla.

We measure the temperature in the roller trains with an IR gun. Yes, our cooling temperature might seem low, but with our current setup, and the normal meachine heat, that cools our unit to around 76 farenheight. Thats why we say it is not your programmed point on the console that is important, the key temperature is the roller train itself. For that reason, the infrared gun is used.

K

Hi again,

Medimos la temeratura de los rodillos por una pistola infrarojja. Si, es baja la temperatura, pero por eso te decimos que no podemos especificarte una temperatura: Porque en nuestra sistema, es necesario ponerlo en 11 degrados, porque al final, cuando llega a la maquina, debido a todo el calentamiento normal, mantiene los rodillos cerca de 27 degrados.

Por otra mano, es posible que pudieras poner lo tuya en 26 degrados, y eso te sirve bien. Lo importante no es el numero de tecnotrans, mas bien, la temperatura en la superficie del rodillo. Por eso, se usa la pistola para medirla.

We measure the temperature in the roller trains with an IR gun. Yes, our cooling temperature might seem low, but with our current setup, and the normal meachine heat, that cools our unit to around 76 farenheight. Thats why we say it is not your programmed point on the console that is important, the key temperature is the roller train itself. For that reason, the infrared gun is used.

K
Para medir la temperatura con la pistola da igual hacerlo en cualquier rodillo de tinta?

Para medir la temperatura con la pistola da igual hacerlo en cualquier rodillo de tinta?

Good question: The answer is no. It is good to measure the oscillators, since they are the most consistent. The rubber rollers temperature can change depending on your roller settings. Some variation is normal, but if your soft rollers are running much hotter than your oscillators, it would be good to double check the settings. But back to the point, the more consistent point of control to measure unit temperature is the rollers that actually have the chilled water running through them,

Buena pregunta: La respuesta es no; no da igual en cualquier rodillo. Los osciladores son los mas constantes, y a estos se deben medir. Los otros rodillos suaves pueden variar dependiendo en tus posiciones, si no se han ajustado bien, etc... Si los suaves tienen mucho mas calor que los osciladores, deben checarse. Pero, el punto es que los rodillos que tienen la agua fria deben medirse, puesto que son lo mas constante.

Attachments

• Press Temperature Parameters # 1219.pdf
    366.9 KB · Views: 242
Kaoticor.

I'm a great believer in KISS !

You are getting "bogged down" in petty detail, the crucial temperature is the roller train as a - Whole

The inflow temperature of the water-cooled vibrators should be whatever it needs to maintain this.

My first PDF which I hope is of interest and value - http://printplanet.com/forums/attachments/f229/1213d1269192345-ductor-roller-temp-control-inking-system-roller-temperature-1050.pdf

(2) PDF - Press Temperature

Regards, Alois

Always enjoy your posts: short and to the point, usually with a helpful PDF! :)

If you look at the original post, you will see exactly that:

Yes, you will find different opinions! But as Cornish mentioned, the important number is what the temperature actually is in your roller train.

I have heard several comments that seem to find 27-28 degrees celcius (80-82 Farenheit) is a good temperature to run at in the roller train.

K

That is what I was trying to communicate to Jose. If I'm understanding him right, he wants to know what temperature to set on the inflow, and has asked a lot of supplementary questions about it. But the inflow is to maintain the roller train, not the other way around. Of course, your whole roller train is the key, but if you are running 10-20 degrees hotter on your rubber rollers due to bad settings, you might have something bigger to worry about :p

Last edited:
When i mesurement the temperature of the train roller with the machine runing or when it's stopped?
Cuando hay que medir la temperatura con la maquina en marcha o parada?

Running and printing. If you want to try and troubleshoot some other issues take readings on the ends of the rubber near the bearings and in the middle of the rollers. Pick rollers to measure that you can easily use a IR Temp gun on and measure the same rollers in each print unit. Write the temps down for each roller to build a Temperature 'picture' of your press. Based on what you see it may steer you to check some settings, Durometers,Bearing issues,temperature flow issues. All good stuff that can highlight issues with your print quality. Good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back