Perfecting Taboo

Hi,
most of my offset print job's are of 2+2 and from 10000 to 20000 qty
the machines that we use are from between 1980s to 1990s
when ever I ask for advice on getting a 2+2 perfecting machine people say that it dangerous to switch from perfecting to straight again and again
can someone explain me why
ps this is for manual perfecting machines

We have Heidelbergs that switch and while we don't switch them very often its a great way to get the work out, we have determined that only on runs of over 5,000 is it worth the time and effort to change the machine over. That being said on these older machines (ours are 1978 vintage) the process is very strict and missing a step or doing them out of order will be cause for a very expensive service call . . . so if you are going to do it make sure not one interrupts the person doing it . . .

Also, on the older machines - without inter deck UV curing we only perfect on dull or uncoated sheets due to the back cylinder ink buildup, slurring, and other quality issues.

No Title

On our presses there is a step by step guide on the press itself see photos . .. (note these are for a GTO 52 perfector does not apply to anything other than location on the press . . . good luck

the instructions should also be in the press operation book

Attachments

• photo5993.jpg
    photo5993.jpg
    827.1 KB · Views: 185
  • photo5992.jpg
    photo5992.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 190
Repeat changeovers are not detrimental to the perfecting mechanisms! On the contrary, not changing over on a regular basis is far worse! Running in straight print only...or in perfecting only, is creating a wear factor on one portion of the rack and pinion gearing.

Repeat changeovers are not detrimental to the perfecting mechanisms! On the contrary, not changing over on a regular basis is far worse! Running in straight print only...or in perfecting only, is creating a wear factor on one portion of the rack and pinion gearing.

Don't know about wear on the rack and pinion but I know not adjusting items makes them more likely to freeze up, a long time ago I had a Hamada 770 and had the stripping down so well I didn't have to move the ring gear to adjust the vertical positioning . . . needed to one day and it had frozen . . . had to pull the whole cylinder to fix that one . . .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back