Prinergy 4 and 10.6.8

yespress

I was wondering if someone could help me. I need to update our Macs to 10.6.8 so that we can upgrade to CS6. I did this on one machine and fixed the Java issue, but I still can't open the pdfs, impositions, or Job Folders through Prinergy. I can mount all volumes no problem. When I use Prinergy (4.1.2.2.57), however, I get the following error message every few minutes. (see attached). I don't know what ip address it's looking for. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-05 at 2.02.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-07-05 at 2.02.57 PM.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 185
When you updated to Mac 10.6.8 it updated your java to 1.6. Java 1.6 is not compatible with Prinergy 4. You will need to go online and find a version of java 1.5 and replace java 1.6 with it.

The path is:
System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Version/

If you need any more assist there is a pdf on Kodak's eCentral that explain how to replace Java 1.6 with 1.5

Hi JoeatData, thanks for the quick response. I updated to 10.6.3 first and put Java 1.5 back in. When I updated it to 10.6.8, it didn't update to 1.6. Now it's telling me there is an update to Java, but I haven't updated yet. Prinergy seems to be running OK, but I still can't access the Jobs folder, open PDFs or open Impositions through Prinergy. I really can't figure out where that IP address is coming from. It certainly isn't an internal IP address, the IP address of the jobs server is 10.0.0.152.

Just found out that everything works if I log in using AFP as opposed to SMB. However, because of the file naming restraints, I would really rather not switch back to AFP as it has saved a lot of time by not having to shorten file names. I think there must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing. All of our other macs, using 10.5.8, log in using SMB with no problems.

I was wondering if someone could help me. I need to update our Macs to 10.6.8 so that we can upgrade to CS6. I did this on one machine and fixed the Java issue, but I still can't open the pdfs, impositions, or Job Folders through Prinergy. I can mount all volumes no problem. When I use Prinergy (4.1.2.2.57), however, I get the following error message every few minutes. (see attached). I don't know what ip address it's looking for. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It seems Prinergy is trying to mount a file share from that IP address. Check your hosts file on the Macs and the Prinergy server. Also check your shares created within the Prinergy Administrator.

Do you have all your shares set up for SMB through the Prinergy Administrator? The Administrator shots I am enclosing is from Prinergy 5.1. I think it is similar to 4 however. When you get to this screen be sure that IP address is not there. If it is not I would definately edit the host table on said mac. Either way all shares should be set to SMB.

PrinergyAdmin.jpgPrinergyFileShares.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back