printing very thin paper on J75 problem

wonderings

I am trying to print a job on a very light weight bond stock. I do not have the exact info on the paper, its stuff we have had sitting around for a long time with no package. It is lighter then standard stock bond paper (78gsm) we carry. I have run this before on our DC260. I would sometimes have the problem I am having now, and it usually seemed to be happening when the room was very hot. Now I am trying to run this on our J75 and am getting the same issues I have had before. I have run this job before (about 2 months ago) on the J75 with no issue.

Now my question, is there anyway to adjust the fuser temperature to lower it for this paper so I can get this done rather then waiting a day and trying it first thing in the morning when the J75 is "cold"? I remember when demoing a C75 on some tough stocks we had that they boosted something in the machine to print on a thick textured stock, it was in a maintenance area.

Anyone have any ideas, or have had similar problems and found a solution?

not sure how helpful this would be but you could try creating custom profile and adjust image transfer....

we had to adjust image transfer for a nevertear like stock on our 770 way back....

not sure how helpful this would be but you could try creating custom profile and adjust image transfer....

we had to adjust image transfer for a nevertear like stock on our 770 way back....

Thats what i was looking for, I just could not remember the name of it or where to do it.

I had to run the job on our old DC260 which handles the paper fine without any changes. Now my question is on the J75, should I be decreasing the image transfer percentage or going up? I am guessing I would go down?

Thats what i was looking for, I just could not remember the name of it or where to do it.

I had to run the job on our old DC260 which handles the paper fine without any changes. Now my question is on the J75, should I be decreasing the image transfer percentage or going up? I am guessing I would go down?

yeah i think you'd need to go down....
trial and error i reckon :p

Try to change the paper type to recycled. That might help. It is not optimized but it usually works for thin papers.

I will run some tests with that setting to when I get this job again. Thanks for the input and suggestions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back