Problem with Repositionable prints

pworden

We have tried two materials to use for Repositionable Prints and both are falling off the walls. Don't know if there is a better material choice or if possibly the paint on the wall is the culprit - these stick fine to the door :)
Materials we've tried are: Ariva 5-mil Matte Polyester Woven Fabric with Reposiitonable Adhesive (Aq/Solvent/Latex); Sihl Syntilux Poly Pro WF Easy Tack 240 gsm Matte.
We're printing these with an HP Z5200 and are really new at this - we are primarily commercial sheetfed printers.
This customer does have some "FatHead" prints that stick to the wall just fine, so I'm guessing we need a different substrate but not sure what.
Thanks for any suggestions.

We have also had issues similiar to what you describe. In some cases cleaning the wall surface thoroughly to remove any dust and lint that may be present has helped. We have also found that reducing the ink load on the face stock is helpful especialy if your are using a UV ink system. If the FatHeads stick to the same wall there may be other issues. Agfa sells a Duratex adhesive wall fabric which I suspect is the same material that General Formulations sells, Concept 234 "GraphiTEX" - 7 mil Matte White Polyester Wall Fabric Film. It has a thicker adhesive layer which should adhere well to wall surface. I have used this material but have not tried to remove it myself so I can't say if there would be paint removal issues.

Thanks! I'll check out those materials. I'm using an aqueous system and found a few other possibilities, too, just from looking up these that you mentioned.

Try PhotoTex

+1, that's the only aqueous compatible wall graphic media I know of. I haven't used their aqueous version but the solvent version prints great. As far as the issues with the print sticking to the wall, could be a few things:

-I'm assuming you're wiping the walls down with a cloth to remove any dust and whatnot, that's a no brainer...

-You said they have "Fathead" prints that do stick, I'm assuming these are being stuck on the same wall and falling off? If not try sticking them to the same wall, other walls may have been recently painted, which leads me to...

-Was the wall recently painted? By recently I mean within the last few months, if so there's a chance the paint hasn't finished outgassing. If that's the case you just need to wait and keep trying every week or two.

-What type of paint is on the wall? These materials generally won't stick to glossy or latex painted walls. That could also be the culprit.

I'm stumped otherwise, the only thing I can think of is the "Fatheads" they have were made with a material that's got an aggressive permanent adhesive, if they've already got some stuck to the wall you shouldn't be having any issues.

Another happy phototex user, although we use the uv media.

Also Octopus Yupo is another repositionable media, they do both white and clear, although I'm not sure if they are both aqueous compatible.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back