Quark 8 and Rampage

Greg08

We are forced to buy Quark 8 and I am wondering are there any extension
I need from Rampage. Also will my Font Wizard work from Quark 7.
Thanks, Greg

Good luck trying to process the files from Quark 8! Transparency will drive you crazy as it all gets flattened, and not very well at that.

Quark 8 and Rampage

My suggestion is to make a PDF and rip using the Rampage pdf engine. That was generally the best way to handle Quark 7 transparency and Rampage tech told me it still applies. If you can get a good pdf without stitching lines, you can get a good rip file. Font Wizard has a minor release that handles Quark 8. Since eps flattens the transparency, a pdf is your best bet if the document contains transparent effects.

Connie

Last edited:
Since eps flattens the transparency, a pdf is your best bet if the document contains transparent effects.

Quark is unable to output native transparency in any version including 8. It will always flatten transparency on output. But you are right, export PDF from Quark is the best bet (and, depending on placed files, a bit of russian roulette).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back