Re-order Prinect Prepare Sequence

chevalier

Is anyone aware of a method to re-arrange the process of the prepare sequence? We get a lot of PDFs in that do not want to RIP well unless flattened. The problem is that if we flatten PDFs before we trap them all kinds of trapping issues start popping up.

I haven't gotten as wild as manually editing a XML file but I'm close. Any suggestions other than that?

Re:Re-order Prinect Prepare Sequence

Is anyone aware of a method to re-arrange the process of the prepare sequence? We get a lot of PDFs in that do not want to RIP well unless flattened. The problem is that if we flatten PDFs before we trap them all kinds of trapping issues start popping up.

I haven't gotten as wild as manually editing a XML file but I'm close. Any suggestions other than that?

How about multiple prepares?

Sorry can't check it at home but what if you used multiple prepares and turned off the sections to create the correct order?

Use multiple Prepares is the right way

Use multiple Prepares is the right way

Hi,

I think this suggestion is best. Create a Prepare_Trap with Trapping only and a Prepare_Flatten sequence. You might add them to a group template and connect them!

If you want to permanently change the order, change line
<Tool ToolType="ImageReplacer" ToolID="I">
to
<Tool ToolType="Trapper" ToolID="I">

and
<Tool ToolType="Trapper" ToolID="T">
to
<Tool ToolType="ImageReplacer" ToolID="T">

in ...Resources\Templates\SequenceTemplates\Prepare.xml
This will put Trapper to first place. Take care that you copy the original Prepare.xml first and that an upgrade of your system might kill the edited prepare type!

I already pursued the multiple prepare sequences method and the other operators were not kind to the idea. We utilize multiple group sequences within a job already due to the wide ranging types of files and various levels of prep done before we them. I agree that the multiple prepare sequences concept is the best idea for most users of this system. The ability to easily re-arrange the sub-sequence order would be a nice feature.

AutomaticWork, thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back