Ricoh Tech Conversation Today...

Have printed PDF's on Fierys for years with no issues. Did have a problem on a Versant 3100 Fiery that kept crashing. Xerox replaced the Fiery on their own dime, and, problem never occurred again.

Your tech's advice to switch print to PS, is.......basically......BS

yeah that information is from the early 2000's...PDFs are absolutely acceptable these days and are the workflow of choice for most shops using cutsheet fiery machines.

definitely worth testing any trouble files by sending them as PS instead of PDF, but I would not accept that as a solution by your techs. just as a workaround until they can find a proper solution.

Not sure if anyone had the same experience as we do, but lately tech support for various issues has seriously gone down. When it seems I know more than the Techs, i see it as a problem. Just recently one the Epson Tech support members told me the software will not work on the Mac. and its not network supported. After i told them my Mac software works just fine and i'm able to send the files to the printer with no problems, they were shocked. I tried explaining to them the reason I was calling was on the machine itself, not the software. No help. Took me a few days to get the right tech who said the problem was on the Printer itself. Mac software and Network was not the problem. OMG

Yeah, we've had ricoh's for years (9110, 8220, 8320, 7210) and have never had any issues like that. Could be a board issue. Also, when they replaced the HDD, did they replace one or all of them?
One of our 9110s had an issue with an HDD and they ended up having to replace all 3 in order to get it work.

That tech is crazy. We have two 7100 machines and that is all we have ever pushed to them. I would run that further up the flagpole. I send a email to the service dept manager or one of the sales guys and that usually makes them send out two techs. There is also a fiery pro on the team that has been helpful more than once.

Good luck with the issue!

Not sure if anyone had the same experience as we do, but lately tech support for various issues has seriously gone down. When it seems I know more than the Techs, i see it as a problem. Just recently one the Epson Tech support members told me the software will not work on the Mac. and its not network supported. After i told them my Mac software works just fine and i'm able to send the files to the printer with no problems, they were shocked. I tried explaining to them the reason I was calling was on the machine itself, not the software. No help. Took me a few days to get the right tech who said the problem was on the Printer itself. Mac software and Network was not the problem. OMG

The software changeover to M series processors has broken the software on my machine but not my artists setup. Both the same computers no less. I need to make another run at it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back