Scanning charts on the G7 test form

jbarrie

We are a G7 shop that runs GMG as our color management system. I have received a test proof from another vendor (a G7 28X40 form downloaded from the Gracol website) and I want to read the charts to determine if it is with G7 specs. The only scanning applications I have is either GMG or Colorport and use the X-rite I1IO scanning device. I have not been able (through GMG) to scan the IT8 or the ISO 12647-7 scales/charts. What can I scan from this form to determine it's delta E? I have scanned the P2P chart with Colorport and dumped the information into Curve, but that doesn't give me the Delta information I am looking for.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Last edited:
You`d better use Xrite Measuretool to scan these test chart,It can specified the delta information and the color gamut etc~

Greetings,

If Curve can read your file, I am guessing the ColorThink can read it too. Do you have ColorThink?

If so, create a new worksheet in ColorThink and drop your ColorPort file into the Color tab. With a text file, ColorThink will parse the data and list the cmyk and equivalent Lab values. Using one calculator on BruceLindbloom.com you can compare the numbers in your file for the solid values to the G7 numbers, and with another you can compute hue and chroma.

-Bill-

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back