Scitex Brisque help

I recently purchased a scitex brisque and a dolev 250. I cannot get the brisque to be recognized on my network or even boot up. It comes up loading software then it just kind of stalls out. I was told I need to reconfigure the brisque thru smit. Does anyone know how to access this after starting up the brisque?

I recently purchased a scitex brisque and a dolev 250. I cannot get the brisque to be recognized on my network or even boot up. It comes up loading software then it just kind of stalls out. I was told I need to reconfigure the brisque thru smit. Does anyone know how to access this after starting up the brisque?
Probably what is happening on boot is that your Brisque box was configured by previous owner to mount some external volumes on startup - and these volumes are, of course, non-existent in your network environment. And all network definitions are from previous owner as well. You'll have to be patient - it'll take time, but finally it will boot to command prompt. (And I mean really patient - at least half an hour, probably more if there are lot of non-existent mounts).
After that - you must login as root ( default password for root is ripro) and then run smit utility. From smit you can configure all your network-related stuff (and remove all non-existent mounts).
Alternatively, you can boot from CD, if you have an AIX boot CD, and then do all required configuration adjustments.

My Brisque Proof v4 takes about 30 minutes from a dead stop to boot up. Once I was able to login as cdesci I went into SMIT and changed the network settings and remote volumes. Now it doesn't take nearly that long to book. But it never did boot very quickly fresh out of the box.

I still have an external hd in my list that is long gone. So that shouldn't slow the boot too much. But it does take a while for Brisques to start up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back