Seal or No Seal that is the question.

herbert

Hi all

I have been in discussion with various people where I work (Printers and CSR/Account exec).

The questions is 'Who is responsible for the instuction to apply a seal or not to a job if its required ?' various printers seem to think the Account exec/CSR is reponsible for this decison, but I personally think it should be made my the printer.

We have had a number of Jobs which have set off, because no seal was applied because it wasnt on the stated on the work ticket.

What is everybody else's opinion ?

There should be a working communicatiion between the CSR's and the pressroom on such problem jobs, A good CSR should be able to identify a possible problem such as heavy coverage and offset. So there can be any ajustments in pricing if needed. But at the end of the day its the pressroom that puts the work on the floor and we have to cover our A$$.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back