small repeating dots on Xerox 242

Mary Lou

Had a transfer belt put in by a technician Friday. Now I am getting small dots repeating every 1.75". On an 11 x 17 sheet the dots are at 7.25" from the left and running the entire 17" side. I just put in a new black drum and 2 new color drums.

In the service manual I found this for Bands, Streaks, Spots, and Smears appear on the image at a regular pitch. Repetition Spacing (mm) - 4 BCR (Y, M, C). I'm not sure what BRC means.

I'd call Xerox back. The tech may have knocked something off kilter when installing the belt. Since you've replaced drums, which is the first thing I'd think of, it must have been something the tech did.

I talked to the technician and he said he didn't do anything besides replace the belt. He's out sick and I'm not able to print anything. Trying to figure it out so I can get up and running.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back