Techkon or Xrite

ashwini singh

Hi wanted to know which densitometer would be the right one to use. I am sure both are good as they are reputed companies but i have heard that xrote has problems with its motor . We are just setting up a ctp unit and using pre-press interface to attach our 2 presses all equipment is heidelberg.
Also can the techon advanced densiotometer good enough to measure plates as well. I mean i know that the plate densito is the best but we use no equipment till now to measure plates so will using spectrodens be better than aiming in the dark .
Any suggestions of which one is better.

Hi wanted to know which densitometer would be the right one to use. I am sure both are good as they are reputed companies but i have heard that xrote has problems with its motor . We are just setting up a ctp unit and using pre-press interface to attach our 2 presses all equipment is heidelberg.
Also can the techon advanced densiotometer good enough to measure plates as well. I mean i know that the plate densito is the best but we use no equipment till now to measure plates so will using spectrodens be better than aiming in the dark .
Any suggestions of which one is better.

Techkon makes some very nice units.

For the pressroom, you'd want the Techkon SpectroDens...there's a couple different versions of this. If your pressroom is G7-calibrated, they make a version specifically for measuring G7 with the standard aimpoints pre-loaded in the instrument. It also comes with some great *free* software.

For the plateroom, you'll need a real plate/dot reader, not a densitometer. Again, Techkon has the SpectroPlate that's a real nice instrument with good software included.

X-Rite makes some decent instruments also but I think Techkon is a real rising star right now with their current instrument line-up. All their instruments are very fast and handle great (good ergonomics).

Regards,
Terry

Hi,
Used a Gretag D 186 for many many years. Never had a problem with Motor. Head never got stuck or malfunctioned.
How good is the service? If you are going to buy a spectrometer you might have to get the calibration checked, maybe, once a year. Hows the Color Expertise with the agents?
Check before buying.
Regards
BharatK

We use X-Rite SpectroEye. Readings are very reliable. But we're having motor problems weeks after we bought the device. It's still giving the same problems now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back