Thanks BAUM

C

cymk

I would like to thank Baum folder for stepping up and being smart. They are now producing a USA built machine that prints true offset not that digital low color waterless stuff. AB Dick was the last company that produced a printing press in the USA and after Presstek bought AB Dick they made sure no more Printing equipment would be made here in the USA with the AB Dick name. Presstek gets all their presses from Ryobi after Heidelberg wised up and kicked them to the curb.
It is good to see a USA company has the Ballz to step up to the DI Digital rhetoric inflicted upon us every day.
Great job Baum I hope you succeed; I for one salute you for bringing jobs back to the USA and using your production facilities to produce new equipment in the USA. I hope to see other companies follow your lead and truly offer a smarter way to print.
CYMK

I would like to thank Baum folder for stepping up and being smart. They are now producing a USA built machine that prints true offset not that digital low color waterless stuff. AB Dick was the last company that produced a printing press in the USA and after Presstek bought AB Dick they made sure no more Printing equipment would be made here in the USA with the AB Dick name. Presstek gets all their presses from Ryobi after Heidelberg wised up and kicked them to the curb.
It is good to see a USA company has the Ballz to step up to the DI Digital rhetoric inflicted upon us every day.
Great job Baum I hope you succeed; I for one salute you for bringing jobs back to the USA and using your production facilities to produce new equipment in the USA. I hope to see other companies follow your lead and truly offer a smarter way to print.
CYMK

I may be wrong but I understood that the Baum press was a Heidelberg press that was built in the US but not designed in the US. (Baum is owned by Heidelberg)

Can anyone confirm this or clarify this? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
baum is owned buy heidelberg.

the baum 2020 is just a stahl b20 with some baum roller holders.

the baumpress 18 is just a qm46 with the baum stuff on it. I am confident in saying the baum press is qm46 parts assembled in the usa. It would be absolutely stupid for heidelberg to manufacture side frames, gears and cylinders in 2 different plants. they do the same thing in china with the pm52.
its the wave of the future assembly by less stilled workers. frankly with the same feature set I would rather have the usa baum than the german qm. just because it puts americans to work.

Last edited:
Hi Guys - Baum 18 is definately looks like QM46-2 and by any common sence they most likely just assembly it here but it is a start, even if it just being assembled in USA it is a step. USA made up huge pard of China's economy growth, frankly, in part, created the situation many of us are in with that'. So another salut to Baum here. May be we will see QM-DI pro or something reborn to be American :)

Last edited:
[They haven't outsourced hollywood's movie production industry to china yet, have they? ]

yes they do some move production in china. my brother in law works for a drug company and they have started out sourcing some drug efficacy testing to china. luckily they screwed up the first trial and it had to be redone in the us.

I they can say: The only press “Made in USA” could be true even if only assembles there; it is very common to use parts manufactured in other countries around the world. Heidelberg use parts made around the world and nothing to say Chrysler or GM. But if press is finished in the USA, then it’s a Made in USA press. Pride for Americans.
I don’t know anything about printing presses history in the USA; could someone help me refresh my memory?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back