Toner contamination on the white of the paper? Xerox 4100

xenonuy

Hello! I noticed another problem in the print quality of our 4100. Basically it is a kind of toner contamination that remains on the entire sheet. I attach a reference image of the same print on our Xerox 80 where the paper remains white, and on the 4100 where the paper remains gray. The problem occurs on all prints, including those from the machine itself, which is why I discard the print server.

What did we try and it didn't solve the problem?
Cleaning the fuser assembly, new cylinders (the ones it has are 100%), cleaning the toner, and cleaning the rear filter. The IBT collector was also cleaned, but the problem still persists.

This problem used to occur to us on the versant 80 when the color cylinders were about to reach the end of their useful life, new cylinders were put in and the problem disappeared, in this case it seems to be a different problem.

Any similar experience?

Attachments

• Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-02-21 a las 13.30.47_ef3316f8.jpg
    Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-02-21 a las 13.30.47_ef3316f8.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 84
I have this same issue with my Versant 280. It looks like your background tinting is more pronounced than what I have. I never had this on my 80 and I still have sample sheets provided by Xerox that were printed on a 180, and they don’t have this background tinting either.

It’s not noticeable on uncoated stock but all coated stock will have a noticeable background tint that is evident when compared to a sheet that has not been printed. I have been given no solution. The only good thing is that I haven’t had any customers complain about it, yet.

Tengo el mismo problema con mi Versant 280. Parece que el tinte de fondo es más pronunciado que el que tengo. Nunca tuve esto en mi 80 y todavía tengo hojas de muestra proporcionadas por Xerox que se imprimieron en una 180 y tampoco tienen este tinte de fondo.

No se nota en papel no estucado, pero todo papel estucado tendrá un tinte de fondo notable que es evidente en comparación con una hoja que no ha sido impresa. No me han dado ninguna solución. Lo único bueno es que todavía ningún cliente se ha quejado de ello.
Yes, our 80 also does it, but to a much smaller extent than the 4100. The 4100 is too much because the white turns out gray.

Does it show on the back side is a simplex sheet? If so the 2nd BTR is not cleaning the roller?

View attachment 292610Also in my versant 180 any solution, i have changed all drums no result
We cleen the suction filter and remplaced the ibt cleaning, It had improved a little, but it got dirty again. We are waiting for an import of the ibt assembly to change it, but everything indicates that it is a contamination problem due to some supply in poor condition and we have to do a decontamination procedure where all the parts are changed, xerox takes care of it but in my case I have what to expect for the parts

We cleen the suction filter and remplaced the ibt cleaning, It had improved a little, but it got dirty again. We are waiting for an import of the ibt assembly to change it, but everything indicates that it is a contamination problem due to some supply in poor condition and we have to do a decontamination procedure where all the parts are changed, xerox takes care of it but in my case I have what to expect for the parts
Thank you for you answer
Pls what do you mean by decontamination procedure?

Xerox is recommending that the suction filter be changed every 25,000 clicks now, but I thought that was because of additional heat that was being created when not enough air was able to flow. If you don't have a new filter to try, I would take the filter outside and blow compressed air through it until it's clean. I do this until they get me a new filter.

On his last visit my tech did mention that Xerox had another bad batch of toner. He didn't say what issues it was causing or give me any other information. It would seem that if both your machines are all of a sudden experiencing this heavy background tinting that a supply issue is to blame. Drums, toner?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back