Toner Yield for Envelop Printing on Oki C9500

Londen

Thinking of getting one for our short run envelop printing. Any idea on the toner yield for this machine? How well does it handle envelop without a envelope feeder?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, manufacturers specs 16,000 pages @ 5% coverage. Realistically if your envelopes just a logo with some address lines, you should get a 10K out of the set, with higher coverage you will obviously get less. By-pass tray envelope feeding is fine as long you OK with feeding 0.5"-0.75" stack at the time. Basically having 2 printers, you can have 1 person feed them both and be somewhat efficient.
Simple math is like that : to run 100,000 prints you will need 1 fuser $300, 1 belt $300, 3 sets of drums $1800, 10 sets of toners $7000 TTl $9400 which makes it cost per click just a little shy of 10 cents. This counted everything OEM, if you use aftermarket toners or find an awesome deal on OEM ones, this could be cut somewhat.
Also keep in mind that once you start running envelopes, they will mark the drum surfaces corresponding to envelope's oughter edges so mixing of envelopes and pretty much anything else may not look pretty at least not on the same set of drums.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. This will help me greatly in determining whether to aquire this printer.

Hi If you plan on buying used, let me know. Besides being a printer, I am Authorized Oki Service Service Partner and we have number of units. C9800 GA, ES3640e, CX3641. The C9800, we have 5+ all with 10-15K on the meter - barely used.
Let me know.

The official toner yield is 15M, not to split hairs. :)

I keep meticulous records: For envelopes I consistently get 60M (60,000) from each color drum. For toner, it's a bit higher at 70M. A little less for both if I mix in some letterheads or larger size envelopes.

Belts and fuser are 100M, but I re-use the waste box, so no cost there. I search out the best prices for all consumables and never use re-manufactured drums or after market toner...just looking for trouble.

Summary: I can print an envelope at .03 per "click", and have devised a technique that can get that down to .025.

P.S. One of my Oki 9800's was purchased from UnlimitedBT 2 years ago. Still running with over 1 million impressions.

If you decide later to add an envelope feeder, there are several to choose from. It shouldn't be a big fat deal.

You'll get the best price on consumables buying the machine from Oki or an Oki dealer. Those other brands use Oki machines, but charge 2 or 3 times as much for consumables and force you to buy from them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back