Type of clearcoat for sealing printed artwork and photos?

bronzeo

Over the past years I have been using rattle cans to provide a clear coat matte finish over my artwork. Since much of my work is done with airbrush, the resulting print framed appears identical to the original paintings. (If they are good printings).. You actually have to tap on each of them to identify the original substrate..... After using it, the unglazed print will at least resist water and dirt better. Because I am going to be offering services to outside customers, I think I would like to buy some type of clear by the gallon, and spray it with an hvlp, which I already own. Could anyone recommend something that works well? Thanks

Clear Star

Clear Star

Interesting, is it applied by brush and leave texture, or sprayed?

I would use Clear Star liquid laminate. It can be applied by brush, roller or HVLP.

It's around 105.00 a gallon depending on where you get it.

Two that I've heard work pretty well are Clear Shield or Frog Juice, pretty sure both come in buckets as well as rattle cans.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back