Universal inkjet CTP - for offset, screen and flexo

Obormot

Hello!

i found a firm, that making universal inkjet CTP for offset, screen and flexo.

they rebuild wide format Epson printers, for smallest CTP they using moving flat table, for wider - static table and moving "printer".

idea is: printing by "special" black inks on usual offcet, flexo plates or on screen, than using usual process - exposing and developing.

inks will be washed out with exposed diazo layer while developing.

i have some A3 offset presses and very interested in this technology - becouse used usual offset plates, usual process and there is not need to change construction of printer.

i plan to use Epson 4800 or 4880 printer with RIP.

before to order 1 l. bottle of inks (about $400 with shipping) i decided to ask - anyone knows about such technology?

Last edited:

Interesting site, but I would be very wary of their products for CTP. There website appears to have little info on how their printing system works in regards to ink processing ect. The actual hardware looks good. but guessing its simply just the same hardware used by their Tshirt printer.

i interested not in their CTP printers, but the idea of printing by inkjet printer with special inks on USUAL printing plates with USUAL process.

it's much more easy one time buy 1-2-10 liters of inks from another end of the Earth and working with this inks whole year, than bying a 1-5 boxes of special plates only for your CTP from foreign supplier every week.

and when usual metal offcet plates used, there is no need to change standart Epson 4800 or 4880 printer - just fill inks inside and work :) i hope :)

i interested not in their CTP printers, but the idea of printing by inkjet printer with special inks on USUAL printing plates with USUAL process.

it's much more easy one time buy 1-2-10 liters of inks from another end of the Earth and working with this inks whole year, than bying a 1-5 boxes of special plates only for your CTP from foreign supplier every week.

and when usual metal offcet plates used, there is no need to change standart Epson 4800 or 4880 printer - just fill inks inside and work :) i hope :)

This sounds closer to jetplate system which people have refered to as using liquid light, than others around which use existing pigment inks. If you use special inks you are likely to have more print head issue than standard inks. Just speak to DTG users with modified epsons running white ink. But if the whole thing does work it could be a neat cheap way into CTP

This sounds closer to jetplate system which people have refered to as using liquid light, than others around which use existing pigment inks. If you use special inks you are likely to have more print head issue than standard inks. Just speak to DTG users with modified epsons running white ink. But if the whole thing does work it could be a neat cheap way into CTP

Ummm... read the JetPlate thread and just dont waste your time with that idea, we tried every combination from Sharpee markers to human sweat, nothing works other than the LRP fluid for properly developing the emulision, but good luck!

Hello!

already test inks (another inks, not "eastechthai") with Epson 1290 printer.

it can print on unprocessed aluminium plates, then plate has to be exposed (without vacuum - just under UV lamp) and processed - inks and exposed diazo layer washing out by plate developer and plate looks "as usual".

it can print on clear aluminium plate (with washed out diazo layer) - and plate can be installed into press without any processing, but i don't know about quantity of prints, that this plate can do. and inks lays onto aluminium not very sharp - surface is grained and inks fills this grains unevenly (or maybe irregularly - my english not very good). i think heating of printing zone will help.

and inks damaged rubber seal in ink cartrige - but it is not a problem, there is manu refillable cartriges or continious ink systems with silicon seals.

This that you say is very simple if you had made tests with your machine and it worked for you, well thats super. this guys from east... have a great idea but no technical suport in english well they have chinesse and bad english thats the problem they have also to get good quality in your prints you should print it with 2 or 4 passes for good covering of inks and dot quality. so it makes the proccess really slow.

but again if it worked for you, man dont ask and do it.

i using another inks, not from eastechthai, and print in 1 pass.

now i plan to test another inks and choose the best one.

We use original ink from epson, just heard that Epson x910D use original dye ink on inkjet film substrate can reach dmax of 5+. Price is very cheap also

The Epson and Vim are the same plate. Both use standard OEM Epson ink to image the plate. There are also systems that are polyester based plates. Check out the TB-100 at TB100 .

the info about direct inkjet ctp on direct ctp plate (process-less and chemical-less) is clear..

the great idea is printing (with RIP) with an inkjet printer on conventional plate, burn it and develop it .
it is really the cheapest way to print, the cheapest ctp. the question is what kind of ink that can blocks uv. DTG white inks sounds promising, but can it be washed?

Neither the Epson/Vim/TB-100 use conventional plates. They use specially coated plates and standard Epson inks. They are not burned and developed. They do go through an oven or laminator to dry the ink.

The old Jetplate system used conventional plates but they have been out of business for several years.

Hi Bill,

I think I am not looking for vim/epson ctp, no Epson/Vim/TB-100 plates..

maybe I am back to several years ago, just conventional plates that printed with inkjet, burn and develop.. do anyone still have this info?

Jetplate was the only one I am aware of. They only worked on a Kodak Craftsman plate. The plate is no longer made and Jetplate is gone. If you search the archives you will find many posts of upset customers who have a useless system now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back