VDP Software for Evenolopes

Digital Press Guy

I know that any VDP software can be used to address envelopes. If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg for software to do addressing and simple imaging what are the suggestions?

Jet Letter's PSLenveopeMaker is under $1K. Fiery's Freeform is certainly priced right but I want to do more than just address.

I've been using FusionPro Desktop for a couple of years now. $599 I believe and it will do more than just addresses.

Variable Data

Variable Data

we are offering FlexMail3 Software to most of our customer, I am have confidence you will find it much better even as compare to Price or others.

you would need the FlexMail Database Engine and the Design & Print Engine.

We use PlanetPress to run our digital envelopes, because we have it and it's what we're used to. But Keith is right...at that price...FusionPro is hard to beat....

we are offering FlexMail3 Software to most of our customer, I am have confidence you will find it much better even as compare to Price or others.

you would need the FlexMail Database Engine and the Design & Print Engine.

I took a look at FlexMail.com. Any idea what their current US price point is?

Granted, FusionPro's entry price can't be beat but last time I took a look at the product I was not overly impressed.

I'm gong to download Jet Letter's trial version of PSLenvelopeMaker and give it a workout.

If you need: not just involve envelope, such as the recipient address, recipient, trademarks and other information of variable data printing, but also including information relating to individuals on account of variable data printing, or insurance bills,tele-communications bills, water and power charges bills? UCCSOFT SmartVizor can provide a highly cost-effective solution.
Email: [email protected]

Granted - FusionPro is a good product for the price. But honestly it is one of those software packages that I just find to not be very user friendly, once you get past the basics.

I have done a bit of programming myself, and I just find it to be a bit clunky. There are several things that I think could be improved, interface-wise.

That being said, you could probably do worse for the price, considering the competition.

I guess it just depends on your needs.

bprint_tampabay, I'm with you on FP's user unfriendliness. To really get it to sing you need to know JavaScript (which I do not.) There are a lot of things that could be done to improve it for the average user. Even the manual is difficult to understand in parts. They've made it a little easier to make basic rules with a wizard-style interface, but it is very limited and if you need a more complex rule you need a programming background.

If everyone who uses it asks them to make it easier to use for even the complex tasks, hopefully the product will continue to improve. It is a lot of bang for the buck. Their user forum is great, though - lots of users willing to help and plenty of FP employees on there to help as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back