View in Illustrator

lynnic

Hello Everyone,
Anyone else experience issues with viewing light screens in Illustrator 5? Anything under 20% screen disappears and I've tried everything I can think of. Apple says it's Adobe. We have two new Imacs in Graphics and the other screen views correctly. All our settings are the same in Illustrator Preferences and in system preferences.
Any help?? Suggestions?
Thanks!
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Is this only as issue with what is visible on screen? How are you calibrating your monitors?

Regards,
Greg

I did the auto calibration. This is a new 17" imac and I don't have calibrating equipment

Hi Lynn

Two things come to mind. First, the Color settings in Illustrator are in a different place than the regular preferences. Did you check there and turn on "advanced mode" to make sure that things are really exactly the same? Another possibility would be to check the Universal Access settings in System Preferences. Under the Display section make sure that the Enhance Contrast slider is set to Normal. I've had users accidentally hit the key combination that increases the contrast on the display, which would cause the effect you're describing.

Shawn

20% screen of what colour? You say the setup is the same… have you tried removing calibration settings? You say the settings are the same but what settings are they?

Shawn,
Not sure which one did it because I took both of your suggestions but it WORKED!!! YEAHHHHHH Life is good!
Thank you so very much!!!
Have a great day everyone!
Lynn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back