Wall Color

tgrec441

I know the proper shade of gray for color inspection has been discussed ad nauseum.
My boss wants to paint the shop mustard yellow. I'm having a hard time convincing him that this is a terrible idea that will make it impossible to see any printed color accurately.

Can the community please weigh in and help my cause? If he hears it from other professionals I hope he'll believe me.

Let the comments commence!

Your boss can paint the shop any color...as long as the areas where color decisions are made are painted grey. Ask you boss if s/he's ever noticed that printing presses and light booths are painted grey?

best, gordo

NCS 2500 is the right grey...*actually not a bad grey for an office, the pictures you put up on the walls really pop :)

Thanks Gordo. He wants to paint the digital prepress/output depts.

If the areas that he wants to paint mustard are used to evaluate color then he will not be conforming to ISO specifications. That means that if the customer is not happy with the color then your boss has potencially increased his financial liability by not conforming to industry standards.
Therefore it is economically prudent to cut the mustard and go with grey.
If he's happy to take the possible financial hit then he can have the walls painted whatever colors his heart desires.

Best gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back