web offset printing

how to calculate paper consumption for web offset printing and ink percentage or ink consumption.

Don't know of a program that will do this for you on a web press. What I did was keep track of usage over a 3 month period and divide by the number of impressions per unit and side and you'll come up with some numbers.

You can also set up an excel spread sheet for number of pages/pressrun and let excel do the work for you.

Most of the newsprint suppliers do have an excel program that will calculate the number of lbs need as well as the number of lbs of newsprint on a roll.

Inland Empire use to have it on there web site but I can't find it right now. Send me an E Mail and I'll reply with the excel spreadsheet.

john

Thanks for ur reply john, i tried sending u mail on jwilson2tracypress.com but its not going , so pls give ur mail id. or else do me a favour send me the details on [email protected].

Thanks once again
KIRAN

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back