What course can i pursue to gain indepth knowledge of the pre-press

ashwini singh

Hi,
I wanted to educate myself on the pre-press front and was thinking of doing a short 1-2 year course on the subject. The idea is to learn how to manage and print good images, i.e. our clients here so many times submit bad quality images which we have seen other people improve to a great degree and thus their printing gets a good name. Where do i start gaining this knowledge and what direction can i take ? i have seen and read about photoshop techniques but frankly i think i need to understand the theory behind how things work rather than just ape commands. its not easy to gain access into a pre-press house and expect them to teach you and courses which i have seen are 4 years etc.
Could i have some insight on the topic :)

As this is an international site, my first question would be - what country are you in?

I can only help with answers in Australia.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back