What printer/binder(s) Needed

CBSprinter

Hey guys/gals,
I currently manage an in-house print shop consisting of 2 OCE 4120 b/w with BLM 200 booklet makers, KM C7000 with saddlesticher and a baby office printer that we will be getting rid of in the next couple months. Now my question is, I've been proposed to bring in more printed material in-house that consists of:
1. plastic coil bind/gloss front cover/color inside/gloss back cover. 1500-2000 books for a year supply
2. binder insides with tabs
3. Color booklets with full bleeds (100# matte paper throughout book)
4. maybe perfect bind

What offline coil binder should I look into?
What machine will print/insert tabs

Note: My sales guy has proposed a KM 6000 to replace our office color machine, but now considering a Canon 7010VP due to work being brought in.

Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

What are you volumes for perfect binding?
What are you volumes for color printing?

I would think you could charge say $1.50/book for the coil binding (plus the covers) so that gives you $15,000 over 5 years in revenue. I would say to keep a budget of about $5,000 for your binding equipment which puts you at a small rhino punch, die and maybe a cheap coil spinner.

Perfect binding? Well that costs about $30k to get into for a half way decent setup. And is much more labor intensive then coil when you figure the trimming.

Are you printing more then 100k color 8.5x11" images a month?

What are you volumes for perfect binding?
What are you volumes for color printing?

I would think you could charge say $1.50/book for the coil binding (plus the covers) so that gives you $15,000 over 5 years in revenue. I would say to keep a budget of about $5,000 for your binding equipment which puts you at a small rhino punch, die and maybe a cheap coil spinner.

Perfect binding? Well that costs about $30k to get into for a half way decent setup. And is much more labor intensive then coil when you figure the trimming.

Are you printing more then 100k color 8.5x11" images a month?

I'd say 50,000 month is more accurate off the top of my head.

A C7000 should run 350k a month. Why the need for a second printer? Is there something in your business environment that requires 2 color printers?

I'll have to get back to you on the color output. We run a lot of 11 x 17 sheets (1click)..this considered 2 impressions? The thing that's appealing with Canon 7010VP is squareback/side trim and face trim for full bleed/44 hole punch.

What's the cost per month to lease those finishing options as opposed to a standard stacker on the canon? You will get a much better deal with near line finishing, especial at the volumes you state.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back