What settings are you using for Color Input in Fiery?

tngcas

For those of you who are using Fiery, what are your default settings on this screen and why did you choose them?

fierySettings.png

For those of you who are using Fiery, what are your default settings on this screen and why did you choose them?
Lot going on here.
Sources? Per your 'best' workflow results. (I expect pushback on this)
Embedded profiles? Not usually.
Intents? Per your 'best' workflow results. (I expect pushback on this)

We saw minor differences w/sources-intents between machines.
Choose the best and stick to it for that machine !

Embedded profiles are a disaster waiting to happen when your client is clueless. (But it looked great on my screen/printer !)

We have a persistent problem with one of the canon printers (out of four we are running) where everything is printing with a tint of pink. It’s not just one customer’s file. Canon techs have gone over the machine and say there’s nothing wrong with it. They’ve reloaded fiery software multiple times and recalibrated. They’ve tried to blame everything from paper to lighting to specific customers.

We’ve always used the GrayCol profile but I realized if I turn it to Bypass Conversion the pink tone goes away so now I’m questioning our entire workflow.

We have a persistent problem with one of the canon printers (out of four we are running) where everything is printing with a tint of pink. It’s not just one customer’s file. Canon techs have gone over the machine and say there’s nothing wrong with it. They’ve reloaded fiery software multiple times and recalibrated. They’ve tried to blame everything from paper to lighting to specific customers.

We’ve always used the GrayCol profile but I realized if I turn it to Bypass Conversion the pink tone goes away so now I’m questioning our entire workflow.
Calibration.

An overall tint on the sheet sounds like a rendering intent issue rather than a problem with the ICC Profile
If your intent is not set to Perceptual, change it and see if this removed the background tint, which I suspect is the colour management attempting to simulate paper colour.

Calibration.
The machine has been calibrated to death at this point. I had the techs come calibrate it themselves and they sent canon’s fiery expert. And we tried using a new spectrometer as well and new white plate.

An overall tint on the sheet sounds like a rendering intent issue rather than a problem with the ICC Profile
If your intent is not set to Perceptual, change it and see if this removed the background tint, which I suspect is the colour management attempting to simulate paper colour.
I’ll give changing it to perceptual a try tomorrow. It just seems like a bad idea to leave it on bypass conversion. There’s a point where too many options make this whole house of cards tricky to diagnose.

I would use the following settings:

RGB:
RGB source = sRGB
Use RGB embedded profiles = Yes
RGB rendering intent = Relative BPC or Perceptual (depending on the printer profile, papper etc)
Print RGB gray using black only = Off

CMYK:
CMYK source = Your preferred house standard
Use CMYK embedded profiles = No
CMYK rendering intent = Relative
BPC = Yes

Grayscale:
Grayscale source = Dot Gain 15%
Use Gray embedded profiles = No
Grayscale rendering intent = Relative
Print gray using black only = Text/Graphics/Images

Are you calibrated for coated and uncoated G7? I had an issue with this the other day where my coated G7 profile was completely oversaturated and running pink. I lied and said it was uncoated and the color cast vanished. I'm kind of considering just only using the uncoated G7 profile since the coated one seems so terrible. We're on PrismaSync on an IP C10000.

Are you calibrated for coated and uncoated G7? I had an issue with this the other day where my coated G7 profile was completely oversaturated and running pink. I lied and said it was uncoated and the color cast vanished. I'm kind of considering just only using the uncoated G7 profile since the coated one seems so terrible. We're on PrismaSync on an IP C10000.
Do you create custom profiles?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back