Xante CL30 HSE (Heavy Stock Enables) in St. Louis

candycartons

Asking Price: $950
Xante CL30 HSE (prelude to the Ilumina) prints up to 330 gsm, 16pt no problem

I make custom-printed cookie boxes for my clients and bought this printer a few days ago from a sign company in CT. I ran 200 test prints on 16pt SBSC1S folding carton stock and everything worked flawlessly. The prints look far better than the Ricoh 3260C I currently lease but... the consumables are too high and I'm worried about not being under a service contract. Though Xante still carries all parts for this machine, they will not sell me a service contract.

SOOooo, I bought a Docucolor 12 instead and won't have to worry about service or consumables (I simply pay 9.2 cents a click).

This press was replaced by the Xante Ilumina. They're all simply re-engineered Okidata's made to accept thick stock. Check out Xante for more info.

I'll be posting a video tomorrow of this machine printing on my 16pt paperboard.

Here are the usage and consumables stats:
PAGE COUNTS
Color Page Count = 38,526
Mono Page Count = 1,996

DRUM LIFE RAMAINING
Black = 92%
Cyan = 92%
Magenta = 96%
Yellow = 92%

TONER LIFE REMAINING
K = 94%
C = 81%
M = 86%
Y = 24%

BELT & FUSER LIFE REMAINING
Belt = 97%
Fuser = 99%

I can palletize and have ready for shipment at a loading dock in Fenton, MO for an additional $100. This machine is around 150 lbs. When I first bought it a few days ago, they shipped it to me via FedEx Freight and it cost about $180 to go from CT to Saint Louis, MO.

I'll remove all toner/drum units and pack in separate box as recommended by Xante.

Please don't hesitate to call me personally with any questions.

Greg Beckemeier
CandyCartons.com
(636) 542-8560
[email protected]
www.candycartons.com
Care4Conway

The Parts for this is no longer around.
How Do I know I have one sitting on on Shop floor.
The ram cost 750.0 for each chip the mother board was $795.00.
No longer in stock.
I bought the hew fuser to run 16 pt board.
I would tell you sell it for parts

Good Luck Rob

Hi Rob! Thanks for the advice. What parts are no longer available? I emailed Xante and was told that parts are available. They also sell the fuser unit, belt, and drums online in the Xante store.

Here's the email Xante Tech support sent me:

Hi Greg,

Warranties are no longer avail for purchase for this machine. We still have parts available and will do return to factory repairs.

Below are two dealers in MO that have previously worked on CL30 model printers that may be able to further assist you.

Graphics Supply John McClanahan Mono(Max);ILU;IMP;21/30 St. Joseph MO 64501 (816) 232-7716
Oldham Graphic Supply Mitchell Couch Mono(Max);ILU;IMP;21/30 Springfield MO 65802 (417) 863-7500

Regards,
Xante Technical Support

I had to buy a new fuser, and yes it is the CL30 HSE.
I CALLED THE MAIN PLACE IN BAMA AND CUSTOMER SERVICES TECHS WERE UNPROFFESIONAL.
WHEN I ASK ABOUT THE MOTHER BOARD AND THE RAM CHIPS I WAS TOLD IT WOULD COST ME ALMOST $3500.00, AND I WAS TOLD IF I DIDN'T SEND THE MOTHERBOARD BACK IT WOULD COST ME $5500.00, GO FIGURE. AND SINCE ALL THE DEALERS STILL HAVE TO GET THE PARTS FROM THEM.
THE MAIN PLACE IN BAMA. ALA IN ALL MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM HAS LEFT A SOUR NOTE WITH ME.
BUT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back