Xerox 700 finisher output tray paper jam

adjoto

Hi everyone. I am new to digital printers. We just got a used xerox 700 with finisher and after setting up. Machine test print paper keeps jamming at output tray and there's 2 pressure lines on the paper. Any idea on what it might be? To

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 225
Do not output to the top tray and make sure you are sending it through face up - there is a reason for this.

Outputting to the natural paper path / a straight line will give you less of a chance for curl and will jam less often (especially on cover stocks). Output to your "finisher stacker tray".

Face down vs face up sometime will depend on the stock (labels usually want to be finished face down) but I ALWAYS finish face up as the paper path is again a straighter line, as the machine must print on one side and then flip the sheet and output it to a tray.

Also, a 700 with those options may be overkill if you are new to digital printing, but then again I have only been in the business 2 years.

Does that make sense?

Thank you for the responds. We will try that as soon as we are back next year. Merry Christmas. I think it might be an overkill to have a finisher also. We just wanted to hit the ground running and carve a niche for ourselves as printshops in the area all only use just k minota heads. I hope to learn from the the experience of people like you and other members of this forum. Thanks.

Workarounds are part of this business, but it sounds as though there is something actually wrong with this machine. There shouldn't be anything making lines or creases on your paper. There could be some dirt in the fuser, something bent in the finisher or any number of things. Did you see the machine running before you bought it? Contact the seller and ask them if it happened to them and what they did about it. If it wasn't damaged by careless movers, then you may need to have it checked out by a tech.

This isn't something you should have to live with. I often run multiple jobs alternating output trays so it's easier to keep them separate while they're printing. You should be able to use all your trays with no problems. I'm sure you paid enough for the thing.

Thank you Possumgal,

I didn't see the machine run before buying but the seller has been quite awesome with communication and support , I have emailed him but no response yet. I guess he is on holiday and will reply after. I searched online and found this forum, I joined to learn from the wealth of experience. Thanks again.

You should be able to use all your trays with no problems. I'm sure you paid enough for the thing.

This is absolutely true. Output tray truly shouldn't matter. My personal experience has said that running the paper in the straightest path possible will give the best results.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back