Xerox 700 printing envelopes...

xcelprint

I have followed the advice of a couple of wise folks here on this forum regarding printing #10 regular envelopes on my xerox 700. Feeding long edge first, open flaps trailing, face-up delivery, setting stock size in tray 5 to match the size of the document 6.1 x 9.5... Each time the machine shuts down just before the envelope enters the fuser. The image looks nice but it will not enter the fuser.

If I turn the envelopes to feed short edge first, they will go thru the machine but then the wrinkle is bad. The minimum size for this machine is supposed to be 5.8

Any ideas? I really need to be able to print small quantities of envelopes on this machine like others are doing. Please help!

Thanks,

Neal

you might try setting the custom paper size reverse. 9.5x6.1. sounds like it's not seeing the right size paper when it prints

ERROR CODE 094-322. PLEASE HELP, tried rolling (the very stiff) what i think is BTR that the code says is not retracting, anything i can do please? Found a video for xerox 250 on youtube, but the 700 seems different

We run all sizes of envelopes from Tray 5: #10, A-2, A-6, etc.

The catch is that you have to stuff them with an insert that is at least 8" long to "cheat" the printer becuse the flaps are not square. Also, we noticed that if you run anything smaller than 8" long the paper just move inside the engine and cause jams and errors.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back