Xerox 700 Printing Problems

ian

I heard from a lot of posts here that the 700 was really good, well I need help from those folks caus we are having issues.

1. Machine crashes with the code 045-360, 045-361, 045-362
2. The print quality is terrible for solids
3. The blacks print is really bad
4. Registration sheet to sheet and side to side is out almost 1/8" on some sheets
5. Major static issues at the delivery end when running bond paper

Ian

Last edited:
I would assume you have placed a service call, and all of these problems including bad solids and black were not present when you signed off on the install. If this is correct just get the CED out and leave it on the top of the machine for the tech, and start calling your salesman and ask him what like for like means.

The install is technically not a complete install yet... We see someone from Xerox everyday trying to fix all the issues, we learned how to fix the registration issues today.. lets see what they have in store for next week...

Ian

What RIP have you got?

Apparently there were some issues with the first version of the creo for the 700.

not sure where are you located, but in my area we already have a bunch of Xerox 700s installed and printing with no problems.

just follow Craig's advice, take your CED and call Xerox Service and Support as much as needed until they fix it.

love xerox, have 2, but a fellow print shop nearby just put in a 700 and had a board go out in the first week...hope that's not a foreshadowing of problems to come.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back