Xerox C75 vs J75, Color 560/570 vs C60/70

Londen

Hi,
I am doing some research for our digital color printer selection. What is the different between Xerox C75 vs J75? Also, I have questions on Xerox Color 560/570 vs the C60/70 line. Are they completely different techonology?

Current using Canon ImageRunner 965Pro. with Feiry.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I am doing some research for our digital color printer selection. What is the different between Xerox C75 vs J75? Also, I have questions on Xerox Color 560/570 vs the C60/70 line. Are they completely different techonology?

Current using Canon ImageRunner 965Pro. with Feiry.

Any help would be appreciated.

C75 and J75 are very similar. J75 has the ability to run all papers at the rated speed, whereas the C75 slows down on heavier/coated papers. The J75 also has the built in calibration array.

The J75 and C75 differ in a few different areas. J75 will give you the option to run all stock weights of a given size sheet at the same speed. 8.5 x 11" 20# White will run the same speed as 8.5 x 11" 100# Cover, which is 75 sheets per minute. I average 1 13 x19" 100# Cover Gloss 4:4 at 3.6 seconds per sheet. KDW brought up some numbers before stating that his C75 runs the same sheet at 7 seconds per sheet. I have also run my machine outside of productivity mode (all sheet weights same speed) and found his number to be true. The speed difference with large runs on heavy media will make a difference.

Also the machine has a built in spectrophotometer that will measure each sheet as it passes through the system. You are able to spot match all digitally available PMS colors and they will be consistent and accurate through the run. I can approach clients with confidence now and offer them PMS matching through digital and offset.

I did not know this at the time, but the C75 does not have a dedicated external Fiery. Our RIP times are supposedly a lot faster with our EX server than those with C75's. Is this correct?

The J75 and C75 differ in a few different areas. J75 will give you the option to run all stock weights of a given size sheet at the same speed. 8.5 x 11" 20# White will run the same speed as 8.5 x 11" 100# Cover, which is 75 sheets per minute. I average 1 13 x19" 100# Cover Gloss 4:4 at 3.6 seconds per sheet. KDW brought up some numbers before stating that his C75 runs the same sheet at 7 seconds per sheet. I have also run my machine outside of productivity mode (all sheet weights same speed) and found his number to be true. The speed difference with large runs on heavy media will make a difference.

Also the machine has a built in spectrophotometer that will measure each sheet as it passes through the system. You are able to spot match all digitally available PMS colors and they will be consistent and accurate through the run. I can approach clients with confidence now and offer them PMS matching through digital and offset.

I did not know this at the time, but the C75 does not have a dedicated external Fiery. Our RIP times are supposedly a lot faster with our EX server than those with C75's. Is this correct?

Actually the J75 does NOT have a built in spectrophotometer. It has an inline densitometer. We use the inline array on our Versant to calibrate, but to profile we still need to use the ES-2000 Spectrophotometer.

The C75 can have either the bustled Fiery, or the external one, just like the J75. On the J75 you can only get the external. On our C75, we started out with the bustled, and then upgraded to the external. There is no comparison in speed, and reliability, the external is the way to go, if you can afford it.

Actually the J75 does NOT have a built in spectrophotometer. It has an inline densitometer. We use the inline array on our Versant to calibrate, but to profile we still need to use the ES-2000 Spectrophotometer.

The C75 can have either the bustled Fiery, or the external one, just like the J75. On the J75 you can only get the external. On our C75, we started out with the bustled, and then upgraded to the external. There is no comparison in speed, and reliability, the external is the way to go, if you can afford it.

Actually J75 does have inline spectrophotometer (ILS). This information can be found from the Xerox website and from the J75 documentation, f.ex. customer expectation document.

Versant has build in Full width array (FWA, scanner), which can be used to measure density, to make paper profiles, adjust density uniformity, make output profiles and to calibrate the machine (all with a press of a button, aka automatically).

Actually J75 does have inline spectrophotometer (ILS). This information can be found from the Xerox website and from the J75 documentation, f.ex. customer expectation document.

Versant has build in Full width array (FWA, scanner), which can be used to measure density, to make paper profiles, adjust density uniformity, make output profiles and to calibrate the machine (all with a press of a button, aka automatically).

I didn't realize the J75 scanner was better than the Versant's. I wish our Versant had a built in Spectro.

I didn't realize the J75 scanner was better than the Versant's. I wish our Versant had a built in Spectro.

Colorwise it is better. You get more color accurate output profiles out of the machine. Production-wise Versants Fullwidth array outperforms J75s inline spectrophotometer.
You can still do the same things with J75 as you can do with Versant, but it is more time consuming. (f.ex. registration profile for paper takes about 1 min with versant and maybe 3-5 mins with J75 + Versant doesnt require operator interference)

Both machines produce great quality print (sellable print), but Versant has the tools for more automated printing which hopefully leads to healthier business.

The Versant does not have a Spectrophotometer built in though, as the J75 apparently does.

Honestly, the Versant is a much better machine in my opinion. Having the ability to use 10 bit at 1200 x 1200 DPI (or 600 x 600?) is amazing. I saw an example of the gradient that a J75 and Versant produced, and it was stellar. We run our J75 at 600x600x8 in most settings, and are in love with the results. I'm waiting for a Versant 2120 or something close, whichever version they release next I would be surprised if it didn't have an ILS.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back