Xerox docu color 250

burnzdog

Hi all,

I have a DC 250 that recently was showing 042-326 error, we have carried out what should be required to fix this issue but i cannot reset the error. I have tried the reset procedure by holding down the 0 key for 5 secs then pressing enter, this gets me into the logon screen which i then enter 6789 but when i hit confirm it freezes up and i have to power off the printer again.

Anyone got any ideas on why this might be happening, It was able to reset the error code before i serviced the printer but now it just freezes everytime.

Is there anyway of resetting back to factory default?

If this fault happens 3 times, the machine will lock up. To re-set the machine you need an NVM setting to be re-set to 0, and this may require a service person if you don't have access to the specific NVM through your administrative options. I'm sending you a private massage witht he NVM number you need :)

Unfortunately just resetting the nvm will not be enough. The root cause of the problem needs to be fixed then the nvm needs to be reset. The ibt belt inside the machine is not tracking or being sensed correctly. The sensors could be dirty, the silver tracking patch on the inside of the belt could be dirty or worn out, the edge of the belt could be curled up or you may need a new belt. Good luck.

Hi,

Have have now reset the device and the error has not appeared again, however i have a different issue.

Something very odd is happening now. I have no errors showing. If i try and run a copy it begins the process OK but then just hangs on the copy screen and doesnt print anything. Top left corner just says copying and thetop right corner says memory 100%

Its almost like the whole of the memory is consumed and its being really slow?

Any ideas?

Is there any health checks i can run?
Log files i can view?
Resets i can perform?

Thank you so much for your help on this.

Matt
Forward Message

Hi,
If you didn`t solve the problem yet, I had a simlar problem with an DC 3535. The xerox service guy reseted with his laptop 4-5 times the printer, cleaned the belt, change the belt....but no result. All of these happened after changing the tanks. And the actual problem was that the yellow tank was not in place. So this error is not necessary from the belt, but from any part that`s not in place.
You can take out the belt, and have a manual check (a lighter is needed).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back