Xerox Docucolor 252 and Snow Leopard - help

Elgane

Hi.

We just ran into an install problem with 2 of our Imacs running snow leopard. We tried to install the latest drivers for our Xerox Docucolor, the install itself went ok, but when we create the printer in the Os printers, we get into some really weird problems.

Using the lastest pdd, when I try to print from Indesign CS4, I seem to have a lot less options for the printer features, like the colorwise window isn't there or is renamed something else, and we can't change the paper feed to anything other then auto select?

Even if I disregard all that, when I try to print, the job goes to the rip (which i can see via the Xerox software installed on a different Mac), when i check the job, it doesnt print, its listed red, and the error says something like PPL error, cannot use PPML or something close to that.

Edit: I forgot to mention i have also tried using the older ppd that is installed on non Snow Leopard Imacs, which seemed to go fine, but the job never leaves the Mac Printer, it stays there with an error on it and doesn't even get to the Xerox rip.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:
Command workstation

Command workstation

You need to go to File Print, and chose PostScript file and then under PPD you choose the machine and then print it. It will ask you to save the .ps file. Then you have to open Command Workstation and go to File Import Job and choose the .ps file (or a .pdf file) and import it in. Then you can right click the job and choose properties.

It will not give you all the options to print (features offered) unless you use a .ps or .pdf. It is a HUGE limitation of Command Workstation for the controller.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back