Black part of seperation gone

rpl1991

Hi all
I am using signastation to impose a pdf that was created from microsoft word ( customers poor decision), there are color pictures that were copy and pasted into word. The file was sent to a meta dimension rip. The problem was some of the full color pics only came out on the Cyan Mag and Yellow plates, nothing on the black, this happened on some of the images on the plate i am not sure of the quality print i will get. When i viewed the file in Adobe Acrobat Output Preview there was a significant amt of black in the image, but all has dissapeared on the rip. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jaime

Hello,
One thing that i'm thinking of is that, those images where in RGB. I had the same problem couple months ago, and there where also no Black on plates. Maybe You have some other problem. I'm working on signastation. I hope this information will help.

Przemek

The Adobe Acrobat Output Preview can be very misleading. That's just a simulation of whatever standard you set it for. As thegasior previously stated, I suspect that the images are RGB and it's your LUT(Look Up Table) or conversion table that is causing your problem. I have a Rampage workflow and its RGB conversion to CMYK is horrible. It does the exact thing you're describing. If I tagged my pdf's to let's say Gracol2006_Coated1v2.icc before exporting then all is well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back