Celsis 6250

tcaste

Need help, We have a Celsis 6250 drum scanner. Does anyone know of any repair technicians that still work on them or could we even still get parts for them?

Thanks

Where are you located and what's the problem ? Spares are hard to find especially electronic boards.

Sorry too far away. Autobal fails on which channel(s) ? If it fails on W you don't get enough light. First thing check the xenon lamp cable. You're free to replace with anything else fit to the purpose as long as it's ceramic bead, mica or teflon insulated. It just needs to make proper contact at both ends.
- does the lamp fire up easily ? (check ballast and wirings)
- how's CAL40 ?
- check lamphouse alignment, re-set your adjusters A and B properly
- center optics clean ?
If you enjoy tinkering and have a set of allen keys handy, metric, turn off both switches, allow the machine to cool down and take out the lamphouse cover to clean everything inside, lenses, quartz glass window (especially that !) and mirrors. Be extremely careful use IPA and good quality lint free cloth. I used nikon optics cleaning tissues at the time.

No problem, Fails on B: Y-C. The lamp fires up fine. Cal 40 seems fine. It only fails on the large drum the small drum is fine. I will check the lamp cable & clean inside the lamp house.

Thanks for the help!

maxon, we cleaned the lamp-house, mirrors & optics. Scanner now auto balances but when we try to peak the lamp it fails on W: YMC & the HL density reads around .4 to.5 for all 3 colors.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks for the memories, I used to demonstrate the 6250 back in the day, it was a great scanner. Does anybody mount trannies in oil any more?

We have two of them, one that we use, and one for parts, plus two new photo multiplier tubes. However, we haven't used them for a year, but there should be lots of working parts. Let me know if you are interested.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back