desktop printer

pabney

Any recommendations on a color printer printing on 12x18 paper with reasonable color?

Thanks
Paul

I don't think there is a desktop printer manufactured for 12 X 18 paper. I have seen the new hp photo printer for larger 11X17's with the 15 different colored inks, though. I used it once and it was a stupid expense because ALL the inks have to be changed at the same time when you run out f the first color, (always the black!) The larger direct mail orders are always done in black on white with no color so imagine the waste that would entail!

you probably want to look at some of the Oki models(9650 for instance). Tektronix used to make a good one but they were bought by Xerox some time ago...perhaps the Xerox 7760.

Oki is better because you can change out all the consumables yourself.

The Xerox 7760 has a nasty surprise waiting for you: when the developer runs out, it's a service call and over an hour to change. X4 for each color (and they won't run out at the ame time, of course.)

Hi. If you wish to have a convenience of changi.g supplies by yourself Oki 9800 series is a good choice. Xerox 7760 will allow you to change all concumables but developer which needs to changed rarely. Xerox will outprint oki quality wise but oki will print a flatter page so if you plan to have multiple ups and cut Oki is better. We use both - xerox to print text weights and oki to print on cover. Besides printing we also a business equipment dealer. I have a xerox phaser 7400 which is oki 9800 with xerox interface board and also we have oki9800 for sale. Xerox has near 6500 pages on it only and oki about 35,000
Please contact me if interested.
Roman.

Oki 9800

Oki 9800

Sure, but you will need a feeder to do any volume. The by-pass try only holds 40 or so at a time.

28 lb. envelopes will wear the drums out faster than 24 lb.

Guys it is common fact that envelopes will wear out everything they touch with their edges.
On the other hand, except ink-jet, there is no way to print them efficiently.
Best advice - have a set of drums for envelopes and set for flat sheets. They take 30 second to change on OKI and cost is reasonable.

Mr. Pabney did you make a decision about your printer? Oki C9800 is sold but we have Xerox Phaser 7400 which is about the same oki but Xeroxed-up also We have just received a Xerox 7760 GX with only 16,000 pages. Awesome machine in excellent ,near new condition, if disconnected from cabinet it cold be put on desk and it can do 12x18 easy. Let me know if any of these interest you.
Roman.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back