Duplo DC 616

Swift1975

Hey everyone. We have a slitter on the Duplo that is roughing up bleed edges. Is there any easy way to sharpen the slitter wheel without having to place a service call or replace the unit? Thanks!

How many cuts do you have? (You can check this by holding both the forward/backward buttons while powering on the machine, getting you into maintenance mode).

If you have less than 1,000,000 cuts, I would try cleaning the wheels with a good solvent first. We ran into this quite early on because we would trim label stock. The adhesive built up on the blade and made all of our cuts look like the blade was dull. We only had ~300,000 cuts so it was not even near needing to be sharpened though. A good clean fixed us right up.

Thanks for the response. I tried holding the forward/backward buttons on start up and it shows me H00. I'm not sure what to do after that.

I think someone else on this forum had a similar issue, but it wasn’t a dull blade. One of the blades jumped the guide that holds it up against the other blade and was not trimming neatly. You may want to look at your blade holder and make sure the upper and lower blades are in contact with each other.

Sorry I couldn’t find the thread but I’m pretty sure it’s here someplace.

Cycle through with the <^> to count push green button
Just curious if you were able to find the counts. Duplo gives it an average lifespan of about 1 million sheets of 230 g paper since most people run heavier than that I usually go by 750,000 gives you a ballpark of when your cutter blade and/or slitter blades are getting towards the end of the life. The slitter blades have to be replaced because they get dull and get smaller so they don't rub against each other to make a cutting surface as for the cutter blade itself the motor that drives it wears out and the blade itself gets dull about the same time

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back