Fit? Paper?blankets?packing?

Slagneb

Hi All,

Had a client show me a print problem today that I hadn't seen before. I'm looking for some help for myself and maybe a path for the client to go down to fix his issue?

Job is plated and lay sheet is made with images for di-cut or foil stamp. When lay sheet is put on plates fit is bang on. Job is fit with all colors on press and run. When job gets to di-cutter or stamper and the lay sheet is put on press sheet it's off??

Now here is the tricky part. Not off tail to grip or in the back corners like maybe a paper issue? Job marks are off side to side and mostly at grip edge. Also job is out like the printed marks are inside the marks on lay sheet?? As if job has got 1mm smaller side to side?????????????

Any ideas or should I just "GET OUT" like in Amityville Horror

Sorry if my explaination is a little confusing.

Check paper grain direction? Or turn press right side up? Just kidding, try the paper grain direction? When you are printing, you print with ink, and water. Possibility that paper is taking on water (which it has to), then when the sheet dries, it is shrinking slightly.

Remember, it is only changing dimension by 1/2 a mm side to side. So thats only 1/2 the thickness of a dime. That'll put you off the full 1 mm from side to side.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back