Has anybody had trouble with cover stock paper sticking together with a Ricoh Lanier ProC5300S? Suggestions?

I'm going to my soapbox on this one.
We dealt with this exact issue after our C5300S was delivered in spring of '21.

What I found extremely frustrating was the dealer's first suggestion, "it may be the paper, try a better quality sheet".
We ran over 2mm impressions of the exact same digital matte 100# text through our Canon machines for years without sheet to sheet fusing issues.
Awfully considerate that they suggest we buy $85m sheets instead of $65m sheets to make a machine they repped as an equal to the Canons function properly.

The third suggestion, on a brand new machine was, "buy a small fan and run in at the output trays".
We do that. Daily. Grudgingly. Using the upper tray only.

My analogy is you buy a new car and the sunroof leaks, and the car dealer's remedy is to tell me to tape a tarp to the roof when it's raining.

There is a cooling fan unit accessory that can be ordered and installed on the output side that will prevent bricking. "Cooling Fan Unit Type M26"
Screenshot fan.png
"

If you don't have the buffer pass unit and run jobs with a lot of coverage on gloss/silk coated stocks then you're going to have bricking happen. Your choice is to either add that buffer unit, or stand next to the machine and grab sheets off one or two at a time and spread them out on a cart/table to cool. The little fan that @deckm00&yahoo.com is suggesting doesn't help much. We had one on our c901 back in the day and it didn't help much.

when looking to replace our old km c1060 we and couldn't afford a 7200, 'bricking' on the 5300 5310 was one of the first things the ricoh sales rep said might concern us...

otoh our new km 4070 we're happy with despite that a 2060 would have been adequate

I used to think km were ok but they couldn't have made the purchase process more unpleasant, after x4 (over 18 years?) this one's prolly the last

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back