How , where to start learning...

rafaqat

I am qualified associate engineer of printing and graphic arts from pakistan.
I have passed my three years diploma in 2010. Since then I am struggling very hard to adjust in my working environment. I am managing production, store, department of my small company some times I have to expose and develop plates (with conventional methods) Operate single color machines of solna 125 and rota l model (i can print single and two color jobs) some times i have to made designs in corel and photo shop.
I have basic knowledge about printing. I want to seek advance knowledge and techniques, want to become expert.
How should I start and from where?

Hello there.

I don't really understand exactly what you would like to learn. Do you want to learn printing? Do you want to learn pre-press? Is it both? Or is it something else? Here are a few links that might get you started.

The Print Guide - This is a good site that covers many topics related to materials and pre-press

Offset Printing - This is a good site that covers a lot of printing-related tips

If you are looking for a curriculum, you could look at GATF training material. If you are taking a more casual approach, you could just ask questions on this forum! Hope this helps to point you in the right direction

K

Seems to me you are learning. By doing everything in a shop you learn by trial and error.
Keep doing everything you are, get good at it then look outside that box.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back