KM Bizhub C1070 prints wavy lines and text

ttopman

Hello, wondering if anyone out there can help me with my C1070. It's the standard machine with the IC602 RIP and PF602 feeder.
We ran 210 64 page booklets yesterday and all went well, the print was clean.

​​​​​​Today I'm trying to run some weekly 12x18 newsletters on 130gsm gloss paper and I notice that all text on the lead edge of the paper are wavy. I mean each letter is off the baseline for the text.

I tried printing on different stock and the result is the same. Tried an older text heavy file and same result.

Please I need help.

Hello, wondering if anyone out there can help me with my C1070. It's the standard machine with the IC602 RIP and PF602 feeder.
We ran 210 64 page booklets yesterday and all went well, the print was clean.

​​​​​​Today I'm trying to run some weekly 12x18 newsletters on 130gsm gloss paper and I notice that all text on the lead edge of the paper are wavy. I mean each letter is off the baseline for the text.

I tried printing on different stock and the result is the same. Tried an older text heavy file and same result.

Please I need help.

Here's what it looks like.

Attachments

• 1485679896892-666259643.jpg
    1485679896892-666259643.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 206
Found out today that I only have this problem when printing black, K. Any text or line with CMY stays straight. Tech is coming here Wednesday morning. Hope I can resolve this.

Still open to advice from experienced Konica Minolta Techs and users out here though.

Thanks.

Wow, that's pretty wacky. maybe a setting that was changed in the black and white color space/processing method? Your tech will probably come in and do a system wipe on the RIP if he can't find the issue. Another question, can you see this issue in the CWS preview of the job? If so, then it's a RIP issue and not the press.

Still no solution. It seemed to improve after the tech came. Today I had to stop a 60 page booklet job. All the tables and text we completely warped! I have called for a tech to come back tomorrow. Even the tech guys don't seem to know what to do. Nobody has any experience with this issue.

Not my brand but I would guess something unique to black since it's not on cmy like maybe a laser issue? I would think a drum drive issue would just be off lead to trail. Unless the drum is wobbling or something. Post what the figure out I am curious.

If they haven't fixed this after two weeks, I would tell your salesperson you are looking to buy another machine from a different company and your lawyer will be contacting them to sever the contract due to poor support of product. See if that lights a fire under their ass.

Another Tech guy came by today, swapped the black "laser printhead" for the yellow and we started getting straight black prints. He adjusted the cables for the printheads and all seems well. He says the issue might have been caused by something in the area moving out of place during delivery or installation of the machine. I'm keenly observing the printer now. I have the sales rep on speed dial. So far so good for now, we've resumed production and I pray it stays this way.

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back