Linen Tester -Recommandations

Chief_1975

Hi All,

Can anybody recommend a linen tester with good magnification for analysing print ?, these freebees from suppliers don't always cut the mustard and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be !

I have the 12x with light from Beta. I think you can get it through Pitman, too.

<http://www.betascreen.com/Products/Magnifiers/betamag_loupes.html>

Bret

The 12x wide field with light from Betascreen is great for general use.

I would also suggest a 50x pen microscope for a more detailed view when needed: ( Pocket Microscopes )

I would also highly recommend buying a USB Video Microscope - about 20x-75x. Useable ones are not very expensive - less than $75 on eBay - and are great for taking photos of dots on press sheet and plates. They're very handy for taking micro photos to send to your equipment vendor (or post on this forum) so others can see the problem and maybe offer some help.

Like this of FM screening on a plate compared with the poor ink laydown on the press sheet:

PMS.jpg

Print outs of micro photos of dots are also useful for showing what the dots should look like when printed correctly and viewed with a standard loupe.

best, gordon p

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back