Textured Paper on Xerox 700

tppsg

Hi,

Has anyone tried running Zanders Zeta Linen on Xerox 700 before? The printed output is uneven for me. I tried adjusting the Image Transfer to 50% and 150%, but it didn't quite help.

700 on rough /textured stocks

700 on rough /textured stocks

We have tried many times Textured stocks and dont work well on a X700 , irrelevant what adjustment we try and do , small improvements made
It works better with the smooth ones for half tones and much worse with the more
textured stocks.
Most textured stocks work VERY well on a DC240/DC250 and customers are happy and with none or minimal adjustments .
This is personal experience , so if anyone has a "formula" well be glad to hear from them , but i doubt it .X700 is different than an Olympia IOT.

Thank you for sharing Dimitris. I also have the same experience. Our DC 6075 (a AP model similar to DC 260) runs textured paper very well.

so if anyone has a "formula" well be glad to hear from them

is it texture paper for digital printing?

I would recommend trying Xerox textured papers for digital printing (linen, canvas, etc); you may get better results.

is it texture paper for digital printing?

I would recommend trying Xerox textured papers for digital printing (linen, canvas, etc); you may get better results.

The answer I got is that textured paper is not offically supported. I am still hoping that our 700 will be able to run textured paper eventually. My tech observed the older 700s in the field are able to run textured paper, so it could be an issue of our 700 not being seasoned enough...

We print 260gsm zeta linen pretty much every day on our dc250 usually with very good results. As this particular stock is important to us we tried it on a dc700 and it was terrible.

We're now looking at the canon 6000 imagepress. Had a demo today and they couldn't get the linen to print well. Anyone have any experience with the imagepress range and textured cards?

We print 260gsm zeta linen pretty much every day on our dc250 usually with very good results. As this particular stock is important to us we tried it on a dc700 and it was terrible.

We're now looking at the canon 6000 imagepress. Had a demo today and they couldn't get the linen to print well. Anyone have any experience with the imagepress range and textured cards?

Ive tried several textured papers on our Imagepress 1110. The black and white version of the 6000. Not very good results, bad coverage and also doesnt bond well. Eventually gave up after Canon themselves tried some of our stocks.

On the other hand our Oce CS665(KM 6501) runs ALL our textured stocks with just basic settings. Eats it and spits out amazing stuff. Pretty silly if you ask me, SHOULD be the other way around ;-)

On the other hand our Oce CS665(KM 6501) runs ALL our textured stocks with just basic settings. Eats it and spits out amazing stuff. Pretty silly if you ask me, SHOULD be the other way around ;-)

The strange thing is that the imagepress lists textured media in the brochure and even has paper profiles for textured stock. Will get to play with the new km c8000 in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will handle linen textures like the km6501, or else we might end up getting a km65HC just so long as we can get it reliably duplexing 280gsm trucard as well.

The strange thing is that the imagepress lists textured media in the brochure and even has paper profiles for textured stock. Will get to play with the new km c8000 in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will handle linen textures like the km6501, or else we might end up getting a km65HC just so long as we can get it reliably duplexing 280gsm trucard as well.

I gave up duplexing cardboard types on the OCE 665...hopeless. Its the stiffness it just cant handle in the tight bends. And we were running 240 gsm Trucard. And as sidenote, we changed to Invercote, had registration problems with Trucard.

I wish we had the volume for a C8000, saw it at IPEX...looks like great machine!

I gave up duplexing cardboard types on the OCE 665...hopeless. Its the stiffness it just cant handle in the tight bends. And we were running 240 gsm Trucard. And as sidenote, we changed to Invercote, had registration problems with Trucard.

I wish we had the volume for a C8000, saw it at IPEX...looks like great machine!

I was wondering if it might be possible if we ran the trucard short grain. Thanks for the invercote tip. I'll get some samples.

With regard to the C8000 it's not always about high volumes. Most of our work is quite high margins so we're unlikely to have to hammer the machine 24/7 to make it pay for itself.

Hi,

Has anyone tried running Zanders Zeta Linen on Xerox 700 before? The printed output is uneven for me. I tried adjusting the Image Transfer to 50% and 150%, but it didn't quite help.

What SW version is your printer?
Do you have installed V3.1?
If not call your tech and ask him to install it, this is by far the best that you can get for your 700DCP.

I love printing on textured paper (mostly Classic Linen or Classic Laid) and our Xerox 250 does an above average job.

We are currently thinking about Xerox 700 or OCE 665 (Or KM) and this question is important. If anyone has any more input please provide.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back