Used Xerox strategy - Color 1000i

Just received a letter from Xerox that they are no longer supporting the 1000i we have had sitting in the warehouse the last 2 years. They stated supplies are only available for a limited time as well.
Would you be so kind to let me know where in the US you are? Our 1000i is absolutely horrible. It has long ago outlived its life. Fighting with Xerox to have it removed.

Would you be so kind to let me know where in the US you are? Our 1000i is absolutely horrible. It has long ago outlived its life. Fighting with Xerox to have it removed.
Ohio - According to the letter they will not renew the service contract. Mine has been sitting in the warehouse in pieces for 2 years. Service was so bad I had to go with Ricoh.

Ohio - According to the letter they will not renew the service contract. Mine has been sitting in the warehouse in pieces for 2 years. Service was so bad I had to go with Ricoh.
Thanks very much Craig. We added a Ricoh 9210 about 9 months ago, love it. I didn't realize how bad the Xerox 1000i quality was until I saw the Ricoh here in our shop. Going to add a 9500 shortly. We put 3 million impressions (12 x 18) on the 9210 so far without a hiccup.

What is wrong with the machine, and what are you planning on doing with the machine at this point? Are you still trying to use it if you can get it serviced?

What is wrong with the machine, and what are you planning on doing with the machine at this point? Are you still trying to use it if you can get it serviced?
Xerox service sucked so bad we unplugged it, shoved it in a corner and forgot about it for the last 2 years. We replaced it with a Ricoh 9210 and a 7210 and pay less in lease and maintenance and have better output and uptime. Xerox should pick it up when we make our last payment next month. I don't know what they will do with it since the controller is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Xerox service sucked so bad we unplugged it, shoved it in a corner and forgot about it for the last 2 years. We replaced it with a Ricoh 9210 and a 7210 and pay less in lease and maintenance and have better output and uptime. Xerox should pick it up when we make our last payment next month. I don't know what they will do with it since the controller is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Craig,

Have you thought about going with a Xerox reseller instead of going directly through Xerox? Having worked for Xerox I can confirm that their service is absolutely terrible. However, I work for the #1 Xerox reseller in the US, and service is leaps and bounds better with my company.

I provide service training on all xerox equipment. That is sad that actual xerox techs can't keep your 1000 running. The only issue that I didn't like was the fuser wicks being dry. If you ever have any questions about Xerox issues feel free to give me a call. 714-292-6912.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back