w2p solution+ templates

tomassus

Hi,

I have looking for a w2p solution to integrate to website. I have checked a tons of providers, some post back, others not.

I will need some good and and affordable, the platform doesn't matter.

Any suggestion?

Regards

hi tomassus,

You have a real job on your hands. The market is full of talkers and no doers. We use Printsmith and I started to look for a web designer no this is a mistake so I looked at a web to print solution (no names) after a few months I worked out they were a complete waste of time. I then thought of Efi as they own Printsmith they will know a bit about web to print. Yes they do but I decided not to use the Printsmith Site its too basic. So I went on and I found On Print Shop. Looked at them and I thought they were too much too much bucks for what they had. So I thought to go back to Efi and I looked at Digital Store Front. Again very expensive for this mid range product and past its sell by date. So I'm back on the hunt again. I have found someone who has been developing a web to print solution and I will wait to see.

The objective with a web2print application is to allow customers in two clicks to get to the product they want on your site, then place their order that you can see along with all the other orders and simultaneously the back office (cash book) is being updated. Not that difficult yeah.

kind regards

On print shop - they are very expensive. I also have checked the efi Printsmith, sounds good, but the price??

I am looking foward, maybe is here some freelancer which have made this application in the past and he will might sell it to others.

So, I thought you'd have more than that in your reply!

As I read in a thread about W2P over the weekend on Print Planet 'there is nothing out there for sale' and I add apart from the usual suspects of band wagon pushers - but if you do stumble on something that fits the description of W2P as outlined above then do let me know.

I suspect the reason there is nothing for sale has something to do with the print industry. The reason I say this, is that suppliers to the industry face a shrinking market. The number of printers in the market falls as each year passes because of the over capacity created by new more efficient machines being purchased each year. Why would a software developer would want to enter this market? Yes the only ones interested are the band wagon merchants we have currently got.

Or as was in the 80's generally suppliers tried to punt software that was general to all business, then bespoke software came on the market then there was the problem of linking them together to complete the most basic of exercises a bank reconciliation. I see this between Printsmith and Sage. Maybe we are at the cusp of a breakthrough where someone has a eureka moment and we all walk through and our customers well be forever grateful.

Or maybe we are all looking at it in the wrong way and trying to get too complicated by trying to offer too much or that we expect too much. The 80:20 rule has to apply to W2P.

So, I thought you'd have more than that in your reply!

As I read in a thread about W2P over the weekend on Print Planet 'there is nothing out there for sale' and I add apart from the usual suspects of band wagon pushers - but if you do stumble on something that fits the description of W2P as outlined above then do let me know.

I suspect the reason there is nothing for sale has something to do with the print industry. The reason I say this, is that suppliers to the industry face a shrinking market. The number of printers in the market falls as each year passes because of the over capacity created by new more efficient machines being purchased each year. Why would a software developer would want to enter this market? Yes the only ones interested are the band wagon merchants we have currently got.

Or as was in the 80's generally suppliers tried to punt software that was general to all business, then bespoke software came on the market then there was the problem of linking them together to complete the most basic of exercises a bank reconciliation. I see this between Printsmith and Sage. Maybe we are at the cusp of a breakthrough where someone has a eureka moment and we all walk through and our customers well be forever grateful.

Or maybe we are all looking at it in the wrong way and trying to get too complicated by trying to offer too much or that we expect too much. The 80:20 rule has to apply to W2P.

I am looking for something like that used by staples {in the US) or Kinko's. I am not based in the US ohowever, but I liked the simplicity of their application for the customers to use.

I am looking for something like that used by staples {in the US) or Kinko's. I am not based in the US ohowever, but I liked the simplicity of their application for the customers to use.

I believe Staples use Efi's Digital Store front. Efi are an excellent organisation I've had a look DSF and I've decided to pass on this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back