Want to know SOPs for quality printing

rafaqat

Hello,
I want to know about the standard operating procedures of quality printing.
Our workers can register better but can not manage colors and printing quality.
We have Heidleberg GTO, MO, KORD single unit sheet fed machines.
I well come your suggestions.

Hello,
I want to know about the standard operating procedures of quality printing.
Our workers can register better but can not manage colors and printing quality.
We have Heidleberg GTO, MO, KORD single unit sheet fed machines.
I well come your suggestions.

Define what you mean by "quality".

One technique that I've used with great success in speaking to printers about "quality" (and one that I wish that Fogra had used) is to never use the word "quality" when discussing any aspect of printing because the term "quality" is effectively meaningless. When you remove the word from your thinking you have to replace it with terms that actually refer to the goal you are trying to achieve and thus makes one's thinking less fuzzy.

One technique that I've used with great success in speaking to printers about "quality" (and one that I wish that Fogra had used) is to never use the word "quality" when discussing any aspect of printing because the term "quality" is effectively meaningless. When you remove the word from your thinking you have to replace it with terms that actually refer to the goal you are trying to achieve and thus makes one's thinking less fuzzy.

Thanks gordo, got your point.

Ask your technical service person who calls on your shop.
This service by the way is quite the gateway to approaching quality. D

Rafaqat
I would suggest you start by measuring what you are producing against known standards IDE Alliance G7 would be a good place to start.
IDEAlliance

Frankly, until "Rafaqat" actually defines what is meant by "quality" there is no context in which to offer suggestions.

Frankly, until "Rafaqat" actually defines what is meant by "quality" there is no context in which to offer suggestions.
I have got your point. Now I am working on ground level to find what is happening and sorting out the problems. I want to solve problems step by step. Thank you Gordo.....

I have got your point. Now I am working on ground level to find what is happening and sorting out the problems. I want to solve problems step by step. Thank you Gordo.....

I would still like you to describe what you mean by "quality printing."

well registred sharp printed images with balanced colours on every kind of paper via offset printing.

What I find interesting is that you didn't mention the customer in your definition. What would your definition be if you put your customer as the focus? Would you change it or leave it the same? If you would change it how would you change it?

Last edited:

I think it is ok for rafaqat to find the answer as he explores current standards. He doesn't have to know his final destination before he starts his journey.

I think it is ok for rafaqat to find the answer as he explores current standards. He doesn't have to know his final destination before he starts his journey.

I disagree. I don't think you'd be happy if your doctor told you he was going to cut you open at an arbitrary location with whater tool he first finds and see what he could find. "Don't worry, I've studied knitting."

If you don't know what you're looking for - you won't find it. Having a clear destination helps define what resources you need and what path to take in order to achieve it. Otherwise you'll end up with a lot of disconnected information and will likely waste a lot of time on issues that may have no bearing on achieving your goal.

In this case he has a final goal/destination "Want to know SOPs for quality printing". If he clearly defines his terms he may better be able to reach that goal/destination.

Last edited:
I disagree. I don't think you'd be happy if your doctor told you he was going to cut you open at an arbitrary location with whater tool he first finds and see what he could find.

No I would not enjoy that. But if my doctor went onto a industry specific forum and asked them "I want to know standard procedures for quality sutures" some people might send him to the factitious "International Suture Research Alliance". Some might boast about the great results they have had with using the S6 process of suturing. He might find that a quality suture is already defined and there is an established process to produce one. He can then choose to adopt this organization's definition of quality or tweak it to make his own house standard.

Or he might find that all that research didn't change the fact that he has parkinson's disease and no matter what he will never produce a good stitch. He at least now has the knowledge to be an industry consultant for the ISRA, and maybe develop a software package that tells other doctors if their sutures meet ISRA tolerances.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back