Xerox 242 finisher jamming

Mary Lou

I had a Xerox technician in to fix a jam on my finisher. He can't figure out what the problem is. It's jamming in the first section of the finisher. I printed a few single copies out without a jam and then when I tried printing 500 it jammed on the 1st copy. Any ideas?

Eh, the Xerox tech should definitely know more than we do. I'm sure he checked for all the obvious things, so I'm not really sure what else to think. Can you post pictures, your stock type, etc?

No Title

The only thing he found was a roller that was slightly off. He tightened it and it worked for about 100 copies. It's jamming on lightweight paper right now. Going to try cardstock.

Attachments

• photo4790.jpg
    photo4790.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 170
is your paper from a package, or is it bulk, and cut down? we had a 262 and it was really really touchy about paper that wasn't almost exactly square. it would jam constantly. also, it might be worth your money to go out and buy a ream of Xerox paper to run through just to see if it jams. my experience is that they'll always conclude it's the paper...

We used to run Boise X-9 for years and years until we moved back to Xerox (best decision ever). We consistently had issues with the paper jamming and just being plain sh*tty. Moved over to Navigator Multipurpose 20# and haven't looked back. That paper is light years ahead of anything else we have found and we can bear the extra price for the piece of mind it gives us knowing the *paper* isn't causing the jamming.

I only use paper from a package. Have narrowed it down to the clutch. I took off the back cover and saw that only the shaft was moving. Took off the c-clamp and moved the roller a little. Quit jamming for about 1000 copies and just started jamming again. Trying again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back