Xerox Light Production D-finisher Bookletmaker

Keness

I was wondering if I could get some feedback --just from owner/operators-- on Xerox's D-finisher?

I believe there are three revisions of this finisher, the D, D2 and D3, and it is the finisher used originally with the 2101 (Fuji Xerox's oddball Doc12 inspired 101ppm B&W machine) and then the 4110 and its offspring as well as the Doc 240/250, WorkCentre machines using the same Doc250 engine, and most recently the Xerox 700 and high-profile 800/1000 machines.

A buddy of mine has this finisher on his 700 and find its bookletmaker to be significantly unreliable and inconsistent. This surprises me considering its heritage and the fact that they use it on the high profile 800 and 1000 machines.

Does anyone here have any experience with the newer D2 and D3 versions of this Light Production finisher? What is your opinion on its binding quality and consistency?

I can't help but think that perhaps the one he has is a dud and he needs to push Xerox hard for a replacement. but I'd love to hear more thought from other users.

Thanks!

I have one on my 700 and have had no issues with it. What does he find to be inconsistent about the finisher?

My staples are always down the center without a problem.

As for the 800/1000 series they have a heavy duty booklet maker available on those units as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back